Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
031978CC-FD50-41CF-BBD6-5D5648D35A05.jpeg
F6A57669-0352-46ED-98FF-A872A454D7C2.jpeg
FAE057A5-A1AD-4AC9-9190-70CBA7E3FD87.jpeg
We picked up our Polaris Ranger yesterday and trailered it home with the Jeep. Glad it wasn’t a long trip home, 8.8 mph. It makes the Jeep look small when on the trailer.

I was surprised to find out that our lifted JL is not as tall as our Polaris Ranger. The JL is about a foot longer, two foot wider, and 2400 pounds heavier. And, it’s actually about an inch shorter when their both on level ground.

It’s tuned, and has no speed limiter. Top speed we were told is 70. Before anyone says anything, no I’m not going to find out how fast it will actually go. I’ll take the dealer word for it. I do know it hits 55 with no problem at all.

It has heat, and a/c. We took it out last night when it was around 9 degrees and the heater kept us nice and toasty. Like the Jeep, it’s blast to drive. I’ve ordered a turn signal kit for it so when we get it licensed I won’t have to put my hand out the damn window.

Like the Jeep, it’s going to be one of those things that I have to get my wallet out for. Need a winch, LED lights, and a GPS. Love Garnin, but not really sure what’s going to work well for mainly off road use.
Sponsored

KiloEchoSeven

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Forte GT, 96 Cummins
Thread resurrection time!

Your post came up when I googled Polaris Northstar VS. Wrangler. I’d take a Polaris over a jeep but in Washington, you’re only allowed to drive them on roads with speed limits of 35mph or less.
Trailering the SXS everywhere would get old quick. Do you still have them both? Which one is more fun off road? Haha