Sponsored

18” Dueler to E rated 275/70/18 K02 or other brand experiences?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
19 Sahara here.

Right now I’m leaning to the E load rating 275/70/18 K02’s but we’re open to other brands and taller-than-stock recommendations. My only reservation is possibly not knowing a downside that may sway us another direction.

We drive a lot of highway but want more capability that the K02 would give when we take our Jeep on trails. How’s the ride? Tire pressure recommendations?

What should we expect in regards to handling? Significant difference in behavior?

From what I’ve found the 275/70/18 K02 is about 20lbs more than the stock 255/70/18 Dueler AT. The rear tire carrier is rated for 85lbs total iirc so that would put it right at the max if the tire is 59lbs and the wheel is about 25 I believe. If that’s right, I guess we’re good to go.

I’m considering a Rubicon takeoff lift if needed but if it here’s no rubbing without taking off the sway bar end links, I may just leave it as is but it would be nice to know if there is rubbing at full, disconnected, articulation just in case. Does anyone have any feedback in that regard?

Thanks for your time and guidance with this decision.
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
19 Sahara here.

Right now I’m leaning to the E load rating 275/70/18 K02’s but we’re open to other brands and taller-than-stock recommendations. My only reservation is possibly not knowing a downside that may sway us another direction.

We drive a lot of highway but want more capability that the K02 would give when we take our Jeep on trails. How’s the ride? Tire pressure recommendations? I went with BFG KO2's 33's on my Stock Wheels. The ride is the same as Stock was. BFG tech recommends 41 PSI but my friend at 4 Wheel Parts puts 34 to 35 PSI. 41 PSI ride little firmer.

What should we expect in regards to handling? Significant difference in behavior? No difference.

From what I’ve found the 275/70/18 K02 is about 20lbs more than the stock 255/70/18 Dueler AT. The rear tire carrier is rated for 85lbs total iirc so that would put it right at the max if the tire is 59lbs and the wheel is about 25 I believe. If that’s right, I guess we’re good to go. That's about the right weight.

I’m considering a Rubicon takeoff lift if needed but if it here’s no rubbing without taking off the sway bar end links, I may just leave it as is but it would be nice to know if there is rubbing at full, disconnected, articulation just in case. Does anyone have any feedback in that regard? My friend at 4 Wheel Parts who did my install of tires recommended for what I wanted Stance wise and off-road the Teraflex 1.5 spacer kit. I had him install that too. The 2.0-inch front spacer took away the Factory Jeep Nose rake they come with and gave it more aggressive stance and the 1.5 rear leveled it out. He said I could get by without lift but would rub some off-road with the 33's. I am really pleased with how Jeep turned out.

Thanks for your time and guidance with this decision.
Donut Place.jpg

Jeep 2 (1).jpg

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Thanks for the feedback! Your Jeep looks great. I’m looking forward to getting ours sorted.

I’ve done more research and based on what I may encounter, like occasional mud, I found the KO2’s can load up with mud more than a couple other AT’s like the Falken Wildpeak AT3W or Nitto Ridge Grappler. One outside possibility, is the Patagonia MT. The price is right, we go through tires anyway, and it’s got good reviews. Worst case, I try them out and switch next Fall.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I was worried when I went from my stock Sahara tires and wheels and upgraded to 18" wheels with 35" KO2's and frankly when I pulled out of Discount tire with the new K02 the ride was just as quiet and with airing down to 32PSI provides a nice soft ride. The KO2's are a great tire for trail and street.

I originally had a 2" lift however that did not provide the clearance I needed for the 35's for full articulation, so I installed the Rancho 3.5" lift with the adjustable shocks and the Rancho quick disconnect swaybar links, that allows me to dial in the shocks for a softer street ride then stiffen for off road or towing my utility trailer. The Spare tire weight is a non issue you will need a spare tire relocation bracket to raise the spare so it does not hit the bumper.

HD%201_zpsg4g4hnkt.jpg

HD%204_zpsewt5yysc.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was worried when I went from my stock Sahara tires and wheels and upgraded to 18" wheels with 35" KO2's and frankly when I pulled out of Discount tire with the new K02 the ride was just as quiet and with airing down to 32PSI provides a nice soft ride. The KO2's are a great tire for trail and street.

I originally had a 2" lift however that did not provide the clearance I needed for the 35's for full articulation, so I installed the Rancho 3.5" lift with the adjustable shocks and the Rancho quick disconnect swaybar links, that allows me to dial in the shocks for a softer street ride then stiffen for off road or towing my utility trailer. The Spare tire weight is a non issue you will need a spare tire relocation bracket to raise the spare so it does not hit the bumper.

HD%201_zpsg4g4hnkt.jpg

HD%204_zpsewt5yysc.jpg
I like your Half-doors. I got some for X-mas but the weather has been rainy off and on and pretty cold so I have not had a good break in the weather to try them out. Mine are Vicious Off-road ones. Can't wait to use them. Do you like yours? I see you live in Seattle. Lots of drizzle rain there.

Half doors ready.jpg

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I like your Half-doors. I got some for X-mas but the weather has been rainy off and on and pretty cold so I have not had a good break in the weather to try them out. Mine are Vicious Off-road ones. Can't wait to use them. Do you like yours? I see you live in Seattle. Lots of drizzle rain there.

Half doors ready.jpg
All Summer long I use the half doors. Our wrangler is not a daily driver it tows behind our Motorhome and we only really use it them. Nearly 2 yeas less then 4K miles, half of those are off road.
Sponsored