Sponsored

17x9 Wheels with 4.5 Backspace under 30 LBS?

Datjeeptho

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone,

I am going to be adding a 2.5 inch lift to my JLUR with 37 inch tires. Initially the wheels I was going to get were 40 lbs but looking at the weight of tires in the 37 inch size, I think I need to be a bit lighter. Having each wheel/tire at 115 or more seems bad for the stock parts I cant afford to upgrade yet.

I have noticed it seems to be difficult for some reason to get the specs for the aspects of the wheel I need from the different sites. Some are missing the weight, some are missing the backspace, etc.

So I was hoping to get some suggestions on wheels in a 17x9 size, 30 lbs or less with around a 4.5 backspace since that is what is recommended for the lift I am getting.

Thanks all!
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Vision Nemesis wheel fits all of your criteria. According to their website, they weigh 29 lbs. I've got them on my 2018 JLUR and really like them. They do come with a removable rock ring, in case you want something like that.

The specs are 17x9, -12mm offset, with a 4.5" BS

OP
OP
Datjeeptho

Datjeeptho

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The Vision Nemesis wheel fits all of your criteria. According to their website, they weigh 29 lbs. I've got them on my 2018 JLUR and really like them. They do come with a removable rock ring, in case you want something like that.

The specs are 17x9, -12mm offset, with a 4.5" BS
Those look really good. That might be my current front runner.

Did you powder coat the rock ring? That looks great in the picks on your profile.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Those look really good. That might be my current front runner.

Did you powder coat the rock ring? That looks great in the picks on your profile.
No, I used the Mopar matching spray paint. Used a medium and then fine scuff pad on them to knock off the finish and for paint adhesion, mineral spirits to degrease, Rustoleum Universal Bonding Primer, 3 coats of Mopar Mojito! spray paint, and 4 coats of clear coat. Except for where rocks have contacted the ring, the paint still looks great.

The ring isn't metal, it's nylon (or something similar). This is probably the big reason why the wheels weigh less than other wheels with a metal rock ring.

I bought mine through Discount Tires, who price matched a cheaper online vendor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Datjeeptho

Datjeeptho

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
No, I used the Mopar matching spray paint. Used a medium and then fine scuff pad on them to knock off the finish and for paint adhesion, mineral spirits to degrease, Rustoleum Universal Bonding Primer, 3 coats of Mopar Mojito! spray paint, and 4 coats of clear coat. Except for where rocks have contacted the ring, the paint still looks great.

The ring isn't metal, it's nylon (or something similar). This is probably the big reason why the wheels weigh less than other wheels with a metal rock ring.

I bought mine through Discount Tires, who price matched a cheaper online vendor.
Awesome, thank you for the response.

Great point about the discount price match because I found them cheaper on Amazon but will likely buy tires from Discount so if I can get it all knocked out in one go, even better.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, thank you for the response.

Great point about the discount price match because I found them cheaper on Amazon but will likely buy tires from Discount so if I can get it all knocked out in one go, even better.
Regardless of where you buy them, I recommend to clean the threads inside the wheel for the rock ring bolts prior to installing the ring bolts. Mine had some paint or powder coat on the threads. I ran a tap (they're metric, but I don't remember the size) down the bolt holes to clean up the threads. It's easiest to do this before mounting the tires, but can still be done easily once tires are mounted.
Sponsored