foolish_the_wise

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to put this out there as I have searched a lot on the subject but have been unable to find much. I have an 18 Sport S JLU, put Rubicon shocks and springs on with 17x9 wheels and the stock Rubicon bfg ko2 285/70R/17 tires. The rear rubs against stock fenders when in full flex, otherwise life is golden.
Sponsored

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to put this out there as I have searched a lot on the subject but have been unable to find much. I have an 18 Sport S JLU, put Rubicon shocks and springs on with 17x9 wheels and the stock Rubicon bfg ko2 285/70R/17 tires. The rear rubs against stock fenders when in full flex, otherwise life is golden.
What are your wheel specs? Offset? Backspacing?

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What are your wheel specs? Offset? Backspacing?
I don't think Backspacing and offset have much to do with this, he is talking about rubbing on his fenders at full flex and not about at full turn. I think its because the Rubicon comes with Highline fenders that the Sport does not

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think Backspacing and offset have much to do with this, he is talking about rubbing on his fenders and I think its because the Rubicon comes with Highline fenders that the Sport does not
Yeah, maybe you are right. I was assuming it was rubbing the inside, but I thought that 33s would fit on a stock sport?

OP
OP
foolish_the_wise

foolish_the_wise

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Just for info sake:
Offset:-6
Backspacing:4.75

No rubbing on the inner fenders. I did choose to remove the filler panel between the front bumper and front fenders before I installed a new bumper completely. That rubbed slightly when turning before the suspension went on.

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
I did the exact same thing to my 2018 JLUS and added 2 in spacers on all for wheels.
Make sure the Rubicon rear shocks (longer shocks front and rear go on the passenger side to compensate for the weight of the gas tank with fuel) and that the rear bottom shock bolts nuts point in Left Rear _------> O <------Right Rear____.

Cleared my issues on no rubbing on full flex.
Sponsored