17 weeks and still “D”

RichardAK

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I’m convinced that my almost stock Wrangler (2-door, Sport S, 6-speed, soft top) is too basic for FCA to bother building. The status hasn’t changed since early July. Still collecting parts. I don’t know what parts are so hard to get…
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
My sales guy told me they finally got all the chips I needed for mine after they took some tagged for a dude out in Alaska….
But ya, I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t doing you like that. We ordered 7/8 and It took 14 excruciating weeks to get it. Feel your pain man…

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
I’m convinced that my almost stock Wrangler (2-door, Sport S, 6-speed, soft top) is too basic for FCA to bother building. The status hasn’t changed since early July. Still collecting parts. I don’t know what parts are so hard to get…

Your theory is correct. All production is probably dedicated to higher-end vehicles and powertrains. At this point they may just convert your order to a 2022. You will end up paying more and waiting even longer, but you get that back with newer model year value.

Sponsored

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
Having worked in a production environment for almost 30 years.....There are a multitude of things that can,and will slow down manufacturing schedules.I can only imagine the challenges in the age of Covid and global suppliers.I ordered a very basic Willys Sport on 9/15/21 .It is built and has been shipped, but not delivered. Believe me,if the plant production folks could snap their fingers and provide every one of us our Jeeps on time .....they would.Unfortunately ,auto production is a world class effort now.I am sorry for your long wait.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Sounds like you should be working for Jeep chat and can provide more info than they can!

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Same here...ordered a basic 2 door Rubicon with m/t in july and still gathering parts...what parts??!!...Im in this far that's why I just don't cancel and order a 22, then wait another 4 months no thanx! They owe me a 21 and Im going to make them build my 21 even if its built on Dec 31!...hate jeep

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Basically you are correct! Jeep is stealing parts From early orders to produce the highest end models. My high end 2 door Rubicon has been doing the D to D1 dance since late June. The case was escalated and is supposedly awaiting LED package. However, I've seen no lack of 392s, XEs and High Altitudes arriving with LED package. One ordered XE at my dealership arrived in as little as 3 weeks.

Escalation is a joke!!! I received one fluff letter about the problem being investigated and that's it.

IMHO, people receiving help from escalation or @JeepCares is just luck. I mean honestly, Jeep can't find one LED package to complete my order? Jeep is simply padding the books with high end builds till year end hoping Covid & Supply chain issues go away. Stock holders over buyers!!!

Beasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Accord, 22 Jeep 392
I have a friend who ordered a Willys and got it in under 4 weeks, I ordered my fully loaded rubicon a week before him and am now going on 8 weeks. Stuck in JB for over a week now. I know people have waited longer than me but it is very frustrating to say the least.

Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
I have a friend who ordered a Willys and got it in under 4 weeks, I ordered my fully loaded rubicon a week before him and am now going on 8 weeks. Stuck in JB for over a week now. I know people have waited longer than me but it is very frustrating to say the least.
Mine build isn't even scheduled to start until 11/08...Then I'll get to enjoy being stuck in JB or whatever for who knows long.

Last edited:

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Your theory is correct. All production is probably dedicated to higher-end vehicles and powertrains. At this point they may just convert your order to a 2022. You will end up paying more and waiting even longer, but you get that back with newer model year value.
Not so sure about that. My 2 door Sport S soft top only took 6 weeks from order to build.
My guess is allocation and dealer volume are factors that also affect build times.
Sponsored