17" vs 18" wheels

pjs1inc

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL, 02 Viper, 03 GMC Truck
Yup. Me and a buddy are runnig that same setup. He's rubbed lightly a few times stacking on top of other jeeps. I haven't yet. The spare fits fine, you'll just need longer rubber stops.

Ray
Hello Ray, I love your set up. I ordered a White 2018 JL Rubicon and it should be here next week. What is the weight of the wheels and tires? No problem with the 35" spare mounted on the tail gate? Where did you get the longer rubber stops from?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
bongoray

bongoray

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bongorayproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimted
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Ray, I love your set up. I ordered a White 2018 JL Rubicon and it should be here next week. What is the weight of the wheels and tires? No problem with the 35" spare mounted on the tail gate? Where did you get the longer rubber stops from?

Thanks!
Thanks for the compliments! I'm not sure of the weight. They're heavy but don't require the reinforced tailgate. Here's the link to the longer stops. Energy Suspension 29105G Spare Tire... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IDM1OCE?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Rubiconnoisseur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sport, 2018 JlU Sport, 2018 JLU Rubicon
$36 for stops you can make yourself in literally 10 minutes. For $7-8 you could do 2 Jeeps/spares.

Get some 1” pvc and some rubber stops or furniture sliders like the kind they put on stools to protect floors.

Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
While the tennis ball works, I thought a black hockey puck was the sporting equipment to use for spare tire support. :)

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS

DaleT

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU Mojito
Sorry, I meant to post some....

IMG_7258.jpg

IMG_7274.jpg
How much drop did you get in the front in after new bumper and winch? Looks like you may have just a touch of positive rake. Your Jeep looks fantastic by the way. Think I will be going with the same wheels.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bongoray

bongoray

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bongorayproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimted
Vehicle Showcase
How much drop did you get in the front in after new bumper and winch? Looks like you may have just a touch of positive rake. Your Jeep looks fantastic by the way. Think I will be going with the same wheels.
Thanks man! I should've measured but it did drop slightly. I'm guessing .5" - .75"

estankie

First Name
Eddie S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Occupation
Community Health RN
35s/ no lift, no rubbing? Even in reverse? Thought it was almost automatic w 35s that you’d lift. I’m in the market for KO2’s/ wheels as well...after seeing these rigs, maybe I’ll tire up first and see how she rides. Great photos!
Sponsored