Sponsored

16 month old son, dropped license in Emergency brake slot.

Appositve

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I lost my check card down there like 2 days after I go my Jeep. I tried everything it’s gone forever.
Here you go:One I can answer! I had this problem twice because I didn't learn the first time. All you need to do is remove the two rear bolts of the center counsel and lift the whole counsel up. Then you can easily reach your hand in their and grab it out. The whole process takes maybe 15 minutes tops and it won't damage or ruin anything. I believe the second comment also recommended this, its a very quick solution. The two bolts have covers on them, you should be able to see them on the rear of the counsel towards the bottom. Take a small flat head and pop them out and then you will have access to the bolts.
Sponsored

Adolf Oliver Bush

First Name
AOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
One I can answer! I had this problem twice because I didn't learn the first time. All you need to do is remove the two rear bolts of the center counsel and lift the whole counsel up. Then you can easily reach your hand in their and grab it out. The whole process takes maybe 15 minutes tops and it won't damage or ruin anything. I believe the second comment also recommended this, its a very quick solution. The two bolts have covers on them, you should be able to see them on the rear of the counsel towards the bottom. Take a small flat head and pop them out and then you will have access to the bolts.
My wife dropped her best credit card into the parking brake void and our only idea was to snag it with double sided tape. That was fruitless. I spent more time finding this thread and learning about console bolts than I did pulling them. Thanks for turning me into a hero!

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
Ok question...how easy was it for y’all to pull up on the console. I removed the two back bolts and it didn’t really move. I then removed the front two and I still can’t get it to lift up. I am also attempting to access the slot where the parking brake is to retrieve a card.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Ok question...how easy was it for y’all to pull up on the console. I removed the two back bolts and it didn’t really move. I then removed the front two and I still can’t get it to lift up. I am also attempting to access the slot where the parking brake is to retrieve a card.
@AUjeepgirl23

Careful ..... you can easily do damage in that area.... a few others reported doing well over a hundred $ damage... Best bet probablyis to contact the ban and tell them you lost the card and they will issue you a new card. They usually can get you the card in 2-3 days..

Here is a video that shows you how to do:

Smooze

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhawk, TJ
Could you slide something flat down there with some double-sided tape & poke around?
I know this is an old post but I'm thankful it's still here! Dropped my Apple Card down there and had tried everything except tearing things apart and DOUBLE SIDED TAPE (facepalm) Heavy duty rug tape and used a screwdriver to press the tape onto the card and presto magic!

Sponsored

papaholmz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4-Door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X in Sarge Green
Dropped a credit card down the slot while pulling away from a drive-thru. After watching one of the videos, I took the four 10mm hex bolts out of the bottom of the console, lifted it from the back, and had my wife stick her skinny arm in there to get the card out.

But man, what a pain to have to do. I consider this a design flaw.

Has anyone made a custom fit leather boot to go over the e-brake so this can't happen? I found a universal boot that I'll try to fit on the brake handle if I can't find a custom one made for the Wrangler.

https://www.americanshifter.com/cat...ergency-brake-black-boot-with-black-trim-ring

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
Yeah... so.. This is not a joke post (you know who you are!). My 16 month old son dropped my conceal/carry license down the slot where the emergency brake is. Once of our favorite games at night to play is to get in the Jeep, start it and push every button with a light on.. expensive toy. I cant even begin to find where it went without taking a lot apart..cant be reached or seen. Before I go commando and just begin to unbolt stuff, I thought I would check here and see if there any quick tips to get the ID out first?

Thanks!
This is why they need to raise the driving age to 18 months!
Sponsored