Sponsored

16 month old son, dropped license in Emergency brake slot.

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
Yeah... so.. This is not a joke post (you know who you are!). My 16 month old son dropped my conceal/carry license down the slot where the emergency brake is. Once of our favorite games at night to play is to get in the Jeep, start it and push every button with a light on.. expensive toy. I cant even begin to find where it went without taking a lot apart..cant be reached or seen. Before I go commando and just begin to unbolt stuff, I thought I would check here and see if there any quick tips to get the ID out first?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Shame on you for blaming it on your alleged “16 month old son”! Lol.

I’d suggest you start by removing just the 2 rear bolts securing the console in place. They’re on each side near the floor at the rear of the console. Slide both seats all the way forward to access them. They’re concealed by plastic covers to hide them. Once out, you can pry up the rear end of the console enough to see underneath and possible see and reach it with a flashlight and a retrieval tool.

Or request a replacement?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I think my ID and a 2 dollar coin is also in there somewhere. Things tend to disappear forever around the console area.

OP
OP
Chemy350

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
Shame on you for blaming it on your alleged “16 month old son”! Lol.

I’d suggest you start by removing just the 2 rear bolts securing the console in place. They’re on each side near the floor at the rear of the console. Slide both seats all the way forward to access them. They’re concealed by plastic covers to hide them. Once out, you can pry up the rear end of the console enough to see underneath and possible see and reach it with a flashlight and a retrieval tool.

Or request a replacement?
Hah! Thanks for the advise, will try this tonight.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chemy350

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I think my ID and a 2 dollar coin is also in there somewhere. Things tend to disappear forever around the console area.
Dang, that's what I'm afraid of!

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure about your state but in mine, it's $40 to replace and an online process that takes 2 weeks to receive a replacement. Might be easier than disassembling your Jeep.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck!!! I’ve tried a clothes hanger and even chopsticks to retrieve a credit card that fell in. All I got was scratched up wrists :CWL:

Sponsored

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
Many years ago I worked at a custom shop and did lots of audio, I can't even tell you how many CD players I've taken apart to remove credit cards and licenses out of that fun to play with CD slot.

It happens, if that's the worst thing that happens to you today, it's a good day.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Many years ago I worked at a custom shop and did lots of audio, I can't even tell you how many CD players I've taken apart to remove credit cards and licenses out of that fun to play with CD slot.

It happens, if that's the worst thing that happens to you today, it's a good day.
What's a CD player? I don't think I saw this in my Wrangler.....;)

Jlmoe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Rubicon
Dropped an Airpod down that same slot and was lucky to have been able to pull it with a magnet stick

Stupid its not sealed properly

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Jeep should have put soft material between both sides of the parking brake dropped a credit card as well decided to just get it replaced I would probably just replace it lol :rock: