OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Not sure what it’s like in the states but in Canada if they need your vehicle for more than 24 hours for warranty work, they set you up with a courtesy or rental vehicle. That’s how both dealers have always treated me atleast and what they said their guidelines were
Noted thanks...the guy on the other end of the line made no mention of it.
Sponsored

LuckyShooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Had my replaced at 5k miles cause it was leaking, they also installed a CF clutch for me and charged only an hour of labor as everything was already off to do the seal.

There was one guy on here who had his RMS fixed denied as there was mud all over the undercarriage, they told him that dirt got in the seal which caused it to leak. All bullshit lies if you ask me.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Had my replaced at 5k miles cause it was leaking, they also installed a CF clutch for me and charged only an hour of labor as everything was already off to do the seal.

There was one guy on here who had his RMS fixed denied as there was mud all over the undercarriage, they told him that dirt got in the seal which caused it to leak. All bullshit lies if you ask me.
Those animals will look for any excuse to deny free (warranty) work.

LuckyShooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Those animals will look for any excuse to deny free (warranty) work.
Yerp, luckily if one dealer denies any warranty claim you can take it to another dealer, funny how that little game works.

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual

Hi, How many miles now on it ..is the seal holding up well ?

Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had 30K on mine (3.6) and had a rear seal replaced under warranty. The tech was good, but could only attribute the leak to my catch can (so, i somewhat dis-credited him). The repair was good....just curious on the next time i'll need to have it replaced....out of warranty. 😐

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I had 30K on mine (3.6) and had a rear seal replaced under warranty. The tech was good, but could only attribute the leak to my catch can (so, i somewhat dis-credited him). The repair was good....just curious on the next time i'll need to have it replaced....out of warranty. 😐
Caught in time my is bone stock .. made sure I kept it this way so they'll have no reason to blame the unicorns in the sky

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
more then anything I wondering if the seals they install are defective or whats going on

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Some Dealers will honor warranty work, plus are MOD friendly. Others are always looking for a way to deny a claim. It has always been that way, and will continue on…

LuckyShooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Hi, How many miles now on it ..is the seal holding up well ?
35k on it now, seal is holding up well, had 2 more oil leaks though in different locations, still waiting for the last one to be fixed. I love my Jeep and will probably never sell it but this vehicle has been by far the least reliable one I have ever owned.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
35k on it now, seal is holding up well, had 2 more oil leaks though in different locations, still waiting for the last one to be fixed. I love my Jeep and will probably never sell it but this vehicle has been by far the least reliable one I have ever owned.
Front main too? It would seem that straight from the factory they install faulty ones. I agree, this thing is pretty problematic ..I love it too but hate to love it also.

OP
OP

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Just got a call this week they basically diid nothing to fix any real issues..guys as far as warranty concerns its plain and simple jeep dealers will always turn a blind eye ..I took them a week and a half jut to replace batteries. They cleaned the bellhousing view plugs to make it look that everything is ok. and the manager insisted that its the throwout bearing oil and clutch material is what is there ....so when I went with the manager and told that I saw engine oil on the plugs and I went to show them the plugs (and again, what they did is clean them so that there would be nothing to see if one opens them up.). Then I asked the manager if what u say is true why are they completely clean even though u insist that its bearing oil and clutch material thats there ....HE had no answer .. I told him.... don't u find it strange that the plugs are suddenly clean and the vehicle has 16 k miles and theres no clutch dust or oil on it now? again he had no answer. So i just went to the next issue which was the pull to the right ...and had him drive the vehicle... and he couldn't deny that because it was happening in plain sight. Otherwise they were pushing me out the door saying the vehicle is perfect. Its plain and simple they don't want to fix it. Jeep service is just hot air.

pamarante

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep Commander
Your bumper to bumper warranty is 3 years or 36,000 miles. Your power train warranty is 5 years or 60,000 mile, so your definitely should be covered by warranty.
My 2016 is still under warranty for the powertrain, FCA has a 7/100000 for “Certified Pre Owned“ vehicle purchases. I went to the dealership yesterday and they tell me “off warranty”, I told the guy put in my VIN, and he says, ”wow, you’re right, your powertrain covered until 4/2024. do not trust them, do your own research.
Sponsored