First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Yukon Denali, 2006 F350, 2006 AMG CLK55
Occupation
Troublemaker
I live in Texas. So I use sunshades on ALL of my vehicles in the summer. I looked to see if anyone had recommendations, but didn't see any like this so thought I'd share since I gave this one a shot.

I purchased the XS (for Wrangler) A1 Shades Windshield Sun Shade for $14.99 (Amazon Prime), and it does indeed fit perfectly. Well worth the money, and I highly recommend it for those of you in the same boat.

Sun Shades.jpg

When not in use it folds up and comes with a tiny bag, which slips nicely between the seat and the console!

Sun Shade Bag.jpg

Sun Shade Stored.jpg

Anyway, hope this is useful for someone else. I really like it...
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I have the very same one... fits right in side the center console. There's another folding type I saw that I liked a little while back that was recommended by another member, but I can't remember what the hell it was.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Yes... ^ ^ ^ This guy ^ ^ ^

Thanks a bunch, @se7en ... not remembering was killing me. Specifically, it was the Heat Shield.

OP
OP
JohnP

JohnP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Yukon Denali, 2006 F350, 2006 AMG CLK55
Occupation
Troublemaker
I had seen the fold up type, and while they are more insulating, I feel like they're a lot harder to store. And personally I never noticno that much difference between using that kind or the pop-up kind.

However I also know that some people have a really hard time folding up the pop-up ones. And they can be cumbersome.

Sponsored

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I bought a fold up from weather tec and it is big and hard to install. Has good insulation, but it is a pain.

colbjeeper

First Name
Col
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler UL Rubicon JL - 2014 Dodge Ram 1500
upload_2019-1-22_8-28-21.png

This is the one I use. I know it's a little more costly that the pop-up one, but it works well for me. Fits perfectly too. Also, it doesn't fold down as small as others. It actually rolls up and has a velcro strap to keep it rolled.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Weathertech has one but I have no experience with it (49.95). They also offer a full vehicle kit for all windows (149.95).

Sponsored

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
I live in Texas. So I use sunshades on ALL of my vehicles in the summer. I looked to see if anyone had recommendations, but didn't see any like this so thought I'd share since I gave this one a shot.

I purchased the XS (for Wrangler) A1 Shades Windshield Sun Shade for $14.99 (Amazon Prime), and it does indeed fit perfectly. Well worth the money, and I highly recommend it for those of you in the same boat.

Sun Shades.jpg

When not in use it folds up and comes with a tiny bag, which slips nicely between the seat and the console!

Sun Shade Bag.jpg

Sun Shade Stored.jpg

Anyway, hope this is useful for someone else. I really like it...
Thank you for posting this sunshade. . . I bought one and it works as advertised, so it's a win. It's a sloppy look, but it definitely works. I hope someone makes one that actually fits with a better installed appearance at some point. I'm guessing it will be a flat / folding type that will look the best, but then there has to be versions with and without the ACC module at the rearview mirror.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks for this thread John, just what I was looking for, and should fit even better since I don't have that cruise control module.
Sponsored