15,983 Wranglers Sold in September 2018

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Well, I didn't include 2-doors because the numbers for May weren't representative. in the past they skewed heavily to Sports and of course all 2-doors are well under $50,000 so I think the point holds true.
Not trying to be a hair-splitter, Thirty. Just asking about your assertion that most Wranglers are Sports, not Saharas or Rubis. I think there is a pretty even distribution among the models, and you're probably right about the average price point being below 50k. Both can be true.
Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Damn y'all like to split hairs. The 4Runner SR5 MSRP is $34,910. Sport/S 4-door is $31,445/$34,645. So like I said - the Wrangler is competitively priced.
when did 4runner get convertible top, 8spd auto, updated engine? I wouldnt cross shop the 4 Runner which is outdated and ugly

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
when did 4runner get convertible top, 8spd auto, updated engine? I wouldnt cross shop the 4 Runner which is outdated and ugly
So you are saying the Wrangler is better than a 4Runner which has a similar price. That just reinforces my point.

randyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
truck
How is a 27% increase "seeing Wrangler sales slowing down?"

Apparently "the over-whelming price increase on JL" didn't dissuade you from buying one.
last month the Aug 2018 JL sales were over 20% over the Aug 2017 JK sales.

this is a huge month-to-month slow down, with Sept 2018 sales just about the same as Sept 2017.

I know this isn't too popular of an opinion, but I think Jeep was pretty conservative in the redesign and it won't attract a lot of new-to-wrangler buyers. Demand from hardcore jeepers has been satisfied, now sales are settling down to past years levels.

Or maybe buyers are pausing to wait to see what the Ford Bronco is going to be like :lipssealed:

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
I get compliments all the time , the new JL is the best looking jeep ever made
I like the new JL, but best looking Jeep ever made? Maybe someday if Jeep figures out a way to better integrate the tacked-on looking front fenders. Didn't care for that look on the JK either. Can't have everything though - it's a nice 4x4.

Now here is one of the best looking Jeeps ever made!

CJ-7.jpg

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I like the new JL, but best looking Jeep ever made? Maybe someday if Jeep figures out a way to better integrate the tacked-on looking front fenders. Didn't care for that look on the JK either. Can't have everything though - it's a nice 4x4.

Now here is one of the best looking Jeeps ever made!

CJ-7.jpg
Is that a Mahindra?;)
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVyeCBq0Pdd50WX7k-NKbRDG7wD915w6B7je28YM2kkk26cDSE.jpg
Sponsored