Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon (JL)
Occupation
Systems Engineers
Vehicle Showcase
So, a couple of weeks ago, I installed the Mopar tow harness package, and did the near all day install. The day after doing that, we took the trailer out, and aside from needing to plug the trailer wiring in "just right" to get the power to come on, it all worked fine.

Today, a couple of weeks later, the wife and I are packing up to go camping, hook the trailer up, and no power. With a multimeter, I've checked the 12v power, and I'm getting nothing at the connector. Unhooking the wiring loom from the connector, and I still get no power. Checked the fuse on the wiring next to the battery (inline fuse), and it's fine.

I have no idea where to even start checking or looking. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Dongworth

Not sure what Mopar kit you installed, but here are the fuses you check in regard to the JL, Tow package. Also, do check to see your that your Ground is good.

Remember, even though a fuse looks aok it could possibly be bad. Try a different fuse to assre bad fuse is not the issue.

Jeep Wrangler JL 12v power stopped working on mopar tow kit JL Tow Package - Fuses

OP
OP
Dongworth

Dongworth

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon (JL)
Occupation
Systems Engineers
Vehicle Showcase
I broke out the multimeter, and started tracing power all the way back, eventually to the plug. It's getting power now fortunately. Unfortunately, I think the other half of my problem is that I'm going to need a new brake controller. But that's a discussion for another day.

Thanks!
Sponsored