Sponsored

12 Quarts of 5w 30 @ Sams Club for $35.96 + Tax (Get it Fast...)

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I just went to Sam's Club in Johnson City, TN today and happened to see the Mobil One Full Synthetic Oil on sale.

Normally $37.98 per 6-quart box, on sale with Instant Savings of $10 for a new price of $27.98 per 6-quart box...

However, I bought 2 boxes and it rang up $27.98/box minus $10/box, so I got 12 quarts for $35.96 + Tax... Seems like a really good deal without having to wait on rebates, etc... Possibly a pricing mistake?? (I was using the Scan-n-Go App).

This only worked in the store, here's the online link - https://www.samsclub.com/p/mobil-1-5w-30-motor-oil-6-1-qt-bottles/159902?xid=plp_product_1 for reference...
Jeep Wrangler JL 12 Quarts of 5w 30 @ Sams Club for $35.96 + Tax (Get it Fast...) Oil
Sponsored

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
The sale has been on for several weeks, maybe more. I picked up a couple 6 packs but I believe I paid the $27.98.
I believe it was limited to two per customer.

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
The sale has been on for several weeks, maybe more. I picked up a couple 6 packs but I believe I paid the $27.98.
I believe it was limited to two per customer.
I was able to get 3 boxes total. (15 quarts), they all rang up for $17.98/ea

Sponsored

jeep-piston-driver

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited 80th
Hello guys,

the oil has a high quality but it is not special for direct injection engines. The 2.0 is a downsized high performance engine with direct fuel injection. On these engine some manufacture are facing LSPI issue . LSPI means low speed preignition. There are case (not at Jeep) where the engine blows up due to cold engine , high torque at low speed and a pre ignition. So one single event can crack the piston rings and crack pistons. They found out that the oil is one partner in that phenomena. Therefore there is the bold text in the manual at the oil specs of the wrangler.

Hardly no oil fulfill the FCA spec but there are special oils for these downsized engines

One is for example:
Fuchs Titan Supersyn D1 SAE 5W-30
TITAN SUPERSYN D1 SAE 5W-30: it was developed to offer low speed preignition protection

or
RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30

or
Castrol EDGE 5W-30 M

just for your information these oils fulfill API SN plus and above .

BR

Stephan

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hello guys,

the oil has a high quality but it is not special for direct injection engines. The 2.0 is a downsized high performance engine with direct fuel injection. On these engine some manufacture are facing LSPI issue . LSPI means low speed preignition. There are case (not at Jeep) where the engine blows up due to cold engine , high torque at low speed and a pre ignition. So one single event can crack the piston rings and crack pistons. They found out that the oil is one partner in that phenomena. Therefore there is the bold text in the manual at the oil specs of the wrangler.

Hardly no oil fulfill the FCA spec but there are special oils for these downsized engines

One is for example:
Fuchs Titan Supersyn D1 SAE 5W-30
TITAN SUPERSYN D1 SAE 5W-30: it was developed to offer low speed preignition protection

or
RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30

or
Castrol EDGE 5W-30 M

just for your information these oils fulfill API SN plus and above .

BR

Stephan
I just bought a 5qt jug of Mobil 1 and it says right on the back that it Meets or Exceeds the requirements of SN Plus

Jeep Wrangler JL 12 Quarts of 5w 30 @ Sams Club for $35.96 + Tax (Get it Fast...) image

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
What it doesn't say is that it meets Chrysler MS-13340 requirements. Not sure how big of a deal that is, but the only retail oil I've found that explicitly says it DOES meet it is Pennzoil Platinum. That's what I've been using so far. Again I am not sure how big of a deal this really is, but seems odd that virtually no oils say they meet that spec.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
What it doesn't say is that it meets Chrysler MS-13340 requirements. Not sure how big of a deal that is, but the only retail oil I've found that explicitly says it DOES meet it is Pennzoil Platinum. That's what I've been using so far. Again I am not sure how big of a deal this really is, but seems odd that virtually no oils say they meet that spec.
Manual now says you can use either:
Jeep Wrangler JL 12 Quarts of 5w 30 @ Sams Club for $35.96 + Tax (Get it Fast...) 1633101605348