Tinker Toy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Hey all,

We have a 19 JLUR, opted to upgrade to a 12.1" android touch screen. Worked amazing until we had an electrical gremlin that had something to do with the bus block behind glove box. Dealer fixed that issue and put a new harness on the pass door due to a broken pin, my fault. All worked great until we decided to take the doors off. Now the radio, center on dash screen and the shifter lights won't power off when the jeep is in off position and key fob is out of jeep. For now i have the wife pull the radio fuse when she parks it.

Been to dealer 4 times for this issue and they finally came back and said it's the radio that's causing it. We've both tried to explain that it worked fine last summer with the doors off and just started since they did the wiring repairs. I think the tech crossed up a wire somewhere and rather than admit and cover under dreamer warranty they just cop out and say it's a radio issue.

I'm not the best at electrical work but i can fix it, altho I'm not fond of all the wiring in this jeep.

Any suggestions or help with be very much appreciated, more by the wife.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
It's been a long time since I put an aftermarket head unit in.

There used to be two power inputs, a constant 12V "memory" and an ignition switched source that told it when to turn on.

Not sure if there is a PAC module installed, or if the new head unit does it internally, but that may be managed by CAN now. Be worth looking at the wiring (diagrams) and see how turn on is handled.

OP
OP
Tinker Toy

Tinker Toy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Wife figured it out last nite. Apparently when the batteries are disconnected the settings revert back. Under the settings on the radio there's a selection for doors on or doors off, it was showing doors on, soon as she switched it to doors off and turned off jeep everything ruined out like supposed to.
Sponsored