First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I did the 101 course at AOAA sometime around March or April, pre-Covid. I just did the 201 course this weekend at Rausch. I enjoyed both of them a lot, gives you an idea what to expect on the trail, and they do a good job of building your confidence in seeing what the Jeep can do. Depending on how many people sign up, they will split the students into 2 different groups, so you don't get backed up on the trails, I want to say may 101 group had about 7-8 vehicles, and the 201 group had around 12. They also provide a handheld radio so they can talk through situations to people. Both classes I did had a range from stock older Jeeps, to built JLs. Some Toyotas, Chevys and Fords also, (but no full size trucks, those need special classes because they can be too big for the trails). As for damage, they aren't looking for anyone to damage their vehicles that they drove there. I may have gotten some minor brush scratches, but nothing I had noticed yet. I did bump on one or two rocks during the 201 class, drove home fine. It would be hard for them to get repeat business or referrals if people kept on damaging their $50k vehicles during the classes. During the 201 class Kyle stressed taking lines you feel comfortable with, and not the one the person in front of you did. There were a couple of nice builds more capable than my stock Rubi in my group, I couldn't have done the same path they did, but we did the same trails. AOAA had 4 air lines when I was there, I think Rausch Creek had 6. As long as people aired up and moved the lines went quick, but sometimes people would hang out in the air up spots. Days started around 8:30am and finished up around 3-3:30 pm.
Hey! I was in your group ;) Was a good time.
Sponsored

Jdsmoke

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport 2 door
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Healthcare
I’m doing the 201/winch class at AOAA the weekend of Thanksgiving. Off-road consulting offers a 3 day package that’s great. Did it last year and had a blast

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
I just signed up for this . Can’t wait and looking forward to meeting you all.

do you need a cb for this? I have one on order so just wondering.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I just signed up for this . Can’t wait and looking forward to meeting you all.

do you need a cb for this? I have one on order so just wondering.
They will give you a walkie talkie to use for the class.

Sponsored

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
is The 101 just for people that have never been off road? I have had many Jeeps and played in the dirt a little. I am worried it will be too basic, only because it’s a three hour drive and a night in hotel. I had so much fun in the Green Guided. Wondering if 201 would be better ( if they even allow it without 101) any thoughts from those who took 101? Thanks

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
is The 101 just for people that have never been off road? I have had many Jeeps and played in the dirt a little. I am worried it will be too basic, only because it’s a three hour drive and a night in hotel. I had so much fun in the Green Guided. Wondering if 201 would be better ( if they even allow it without 101) any thoughts from those who took 101? Thanks
Send them an email from their website or give them a call and ask. They are good people and will get you into the class that makes sense for your skill level and knowledge.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Send them an email from their website or give them a call and ask. They are good people and will get you into the class that makes sense for your skill level and knowledge.
May be too late for 11/7 anyway. It’s not listed on the site now. Hmm

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I signed up for 101 and 201 on 11/21 and 11/22. Anyone going then?

Sponsored

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Just signed up for the 101 class on 11/7! See y'all there!!!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I signed up for 101 and 201 on 11/21 and 11/22. Anyone going then?
I'm looking at those dates to take the 101 and 201 classes. Just sorting out some details with home and work, before officially signing up. Gonna have one or both my brothers along for the ride.

OP
OP
jeepable

jeepable

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S White
I'm looking at those dates to take the 101 and 201 classes. Just sorting out some details with home and work, before officially signing up. Gonna have one or both my brothers along for the ride.
I'm bringing my brother too. I'm not sure if we're going to alternate driving or if he'll just be along for the ride, but it should be fun either way.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I took the 101 class in Oct and that was so much fun! I've never been offroad or drive in 4H/4LO before, but I alway enjoy watching offroad youtube videos to learn how lockers, LSD, sway bar works. Honestly, I didn't learn any new concepts from the 101 class, but I get the valuable hands on experiences at the wheel, and the ability to ask questions as we go.
I've heard good feedbacks on instructor Kyle, but not sure if possible to choose a specific instructor as people just lineup and assigned to an instructor when the class is full.

I find out after the fact that there are photographers in one class. Maybe worth asking on how to signup for that particular class.
https://offroad-consultingcom.godaddysites.com/register/ols/products/photo-albums-2020-events

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

70 degrees and sunny this Saturday! I wanted to take the windows off the soft top to avoid scratching during the 101, looks like that may happen. See you all in 46.5 hours!
Sponsored