Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’d put $700 aside, out of the $1,000, for when you have to have the two batteries replaced.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Auxiliary reverse lights from oracle for the rear steel bumper for $113. They replace to red reflectors on the bumper.

They fit flush and provide excellent lighting behind you wired to activate with reverse gear. Something you will use on and off road.

Linky here

Jeep Wrangler JL $1000 to spend on your JL… IMG_1565

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Auxiliary reverse lights from oracle for the rear steel bumper for $113. They replace to red reflectors on the bumper.

They fit flush and provide excellent lighting behind you wired to activate with reverse gear. Something you will use on and off road.

Linky here

Jeep Wrangler JL $1000 to spend on your JL… IMG_1565
I like it.. and you have a little less than $900 left! Price is also cheap enough not to feel too bad if you decide down the trail, to upgrade your plastic bumper. I might pull the trigger!

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

If i had $1000 available? A complete set of 35" tires available slightly used from our JL marketplace would be my choice. I've seen some good deals but I never have that kind of money when I spot them!

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

If i had $1000 available? A complete set of 35" tires available slightly used from our JL marketplace would be my choice. I've seen some good deals but I never have that kind of money when I spot them!
That’s a tough one. Many more 33s in the marketplace than 35s. Good luck!

JLUCQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Tailgate table. Use mine a ton when I’m at the beach.

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

That’s a tough one. Many more 33s in the marketplace than 35s. Good luck!
Lol! I already have the 33" Rubi takeoffs (wheels and tires). After installing the 392 shocks and springs, the Jeep looks like it missed leg day! The 35" XR takeoffs would be nice!

20230327_181756.jpg

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Lol! I already have the 33" Rubi takeoffs (wheels and tires). After installing the 392 shocks and springs, the Jeep looks like it missed leg day! The 35" XR takeoffs would be nice!

Jeep Wrangler JL $1000 to spend on your JL… 20230327_181756
Yep! You need 35s or dare I say, 37s. 🤔

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
A good floor Jack and a Milwaukee Fuel 1/2” impact with sockets. And a decent quality 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 drive socket set along with some combination wrenches. If you don’t know how, learn to do some basic stuff yourself. There’s nothing like the satisfaction of a job well done.

A recovery rope at a minimum, you’d be shocked how many have zero recovery gear.

A device to remove the hardtop with by yourself. Can’t tell you what a difference it makes.

A Goose Gear rear floor system. If you don't need the backseat, take it out. The GG floor is on my list. It makes the rear floor a lot more useful and versatile.

I know $1k wont buy all of that, but pick what means the most to you.

Don’t go fixing what isn’t broken yet. You don’t need a tailgate reinforcement with the stock spare. Wait to replace the knuckles until you break one, which prob wont happen if you stay out of the rocks.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
What I’d spend it on….my upgrades I’m planning are all over that. Gearing & trussing my axles. Haha

But you have Lots of options.
I would recommend an air compressor. If you don’t wheel a ton I’d say omit the dual air compressor (unless you plan to eventually get bigger wheels)
A sunshade is great to help protect from suns rays
Basic recovery gear
Diabolical trunk storage (other options that are cheaper also like Eztrunk that would fit in the price limit)
Some depends…do you like how your jeep looks or are you wanting to change out the fenders, steps, etc.
Sponsored