1000 mpg club

pdpardue

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cherokee sport, 2021 4xe rubicon
We should start a competition to see who can reach 1000 mpg on their 4xE. Obviously lots of daily driving short distances in electric only range and being able to recharge...

Who's in!?
Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I have weekend trips to the lake or I'd be in.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
We should start a competition to see who can reach 1000 mpg on their 4xE. Obviously lots of daily driving short distances in electric only range and being able to recharge...

Who's in!?
Averaged over how many total miles of driving?
I expect to exceed 1000mpg for the first 20miles after every complete charge.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"

Who's in!?
I think the competition should be who can maintain "undefined" MPG for the longest, as any number of miles divided by zero gallons of gas is undefined. Of course, that will be difficult once the system kicks in to refresh the gas, so someone will need to hack their vehicle and disable that function to be king (or queen).

OP
OP
pdpardue

pdpardue

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cherokee sport, 2021 4xe rubicon
I think the competition should be who can maintain "undefined" MPG for the longest, as any number of miles divided by zero gallons of gas is undefined. Of course, that will be difficult once the system kicks in to refresh the gas, so someone will need to hack their vehicle and disable that function to be king (or queen).
I also assume that the car has been driven around even before we get them, moving to storage and loading on transport et cetera, so even if we somehow manage to do 100% electric all the time there will be some gas driving on it just from the beginning. I do agree that holding that for a length of time (of actual use) would be more appropriate...

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
...I do agree that holding that for a length of time (of actual use) would be more appropriate...
I will be alternating between trying to stay in electric mode as much as possible for short trips, enjoying all combined 470FtLbs or torque, and taking longer, weekend drives to the local volcanoes.
I doubt I'd be able to compete for more than 5 days. :) .

botond.kopacz

First Name
Botond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe on order
Jeep is doing us a favor achieving this. We have infinite MPG as we don't have 4xe's to drive. :rock:

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
Until I get my pandemic anti-virus shots my 4xe (whenever it arrives) will be parked in my garage accumulating mods and not driving an inch so the only electric juice it uses will be me cranking the tunes... Zero miles/zero KW's.

rdmelton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
One challenge is that the manual says that there is a refresh mode where it will run the ICE periodically to ensure that the gas doesn't get too old (even if it has adequate charge).
Sponsored