xtalfu

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS Sport
I took delivery 3 weeks ago
- it's my first Jeep - a base JL Unlimited Sport S with the Sun and Sound package
- running on the stock Michelin road tires, no lift.
- 1,000 miles - driving around town and a long (600 mi roundtrip) trip to the beach
- no off-road yet
- no mod yet
1st conclusions: newbies should not have fear -
1/ it’s perfectly usable as a SUV - comfortable, stable, lively enough
2/ steering is perfectly fine; the ESS is not intrusive
3/ 2L Turbo engine is up to the task, even on the freeway in Florida (where people drive fast). It feels a bit like a turbo-diesel with lots of torque and the turbo whistle
4/ 8.4in Connect is temperamental (lines for the backup camera come and go, Apple Carplay sometimes goes on strike)
5/ Fuel economy has been surprisingly good (around 23mpg with regular) -

The very good - the Sky One Touch Power roof is the greatest thing since the invention of slice bread - it's a ton of fun and extremely convenient.

The not so good - even with the “S” option, the Sport still comes naked (no fuel door, no door sill guards, no side steps)

The surprising - the Stellantis satisfaction survey (it was almost “did the dealer play tricks on you, did they cheat, did they lie, …”) - Stellantis have obviously a very poor opinion of their dealers.

next steps - installing the Smittybilt Side Armor (a rock-rail / side step combo) this week-end.

IMG_7334.jpg
Sponsored

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
Congratulations on your Jeep. If you haven't already check your fuses and relays to ensure they are fully seated. We picked up our Jeep in February and all the relays and half the fuses were not fully seated.

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
- it's my first Jeep - a base JL Unlimited Sport S with the Sun and Sound package
- 1,000 miles - driving around town and a long (600 mi roundtrip) trip to the beach
- no off-road yet
- no mod yet
3/ 2L Turbo engine is up to the task, even on the freeway in Florida (where people drive fast). It feels a bit like a turbo-diesel with lots of torque and the turbo whistle
4/ 8.4in Connect is temperamental (lines for the backup camera come and go, Apple Carplay sometimes goes on strike)

The very good - the Sky One Touch Power roof is the greatest thing since the invention of slice bread - it's a ton of fun and extremely convenient.

The not so good - even with the “S” option, the Sport still comes naked (no fuel door, no door sill guards, no side steps)

The surprising - the Stellantis satisfaction survey (it was almost “did the dealer play tricks on you, did they cheat, did they lie, …”) - Stellantis have obviously a very poor opinion of their dealers.

next steps - installing the Smittybilt Side Armor (a rock-rail / side step combo) this week-end.

IMG_7334.jpg

Welcome to the club !

Flanman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from computer sales
- no off-road yet
- no mod yet

Jeep Wrangler JL 1000 miles of a newbie with a new JLUSS IMG_7334
I installed those SmittyBilt side armor rails. They’re awesome.

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
“Sport S with Sun and Sound” so many S’s!

Enjoy the jeep and welcome to the club :like:

The backup lines disappearing is disconcerting. I’ve only had that happen once or twice in 2 years, 30k miles. But I did used to have wired Carplay cut off on me all the time using multiple different Apple OEM charging cables. What fixed it for now anyway (knock on wood) was buying one of those expensive braided Anker brand lightning cables. It’s worth a shot!

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
- no off-road yet
- no mod yet

Jeep Wrangler JL 1000 miles of a newbie with a new JLUSS IMG_7334
Congratulations on getting your Jeep. Did yours come with Alpine Premium Audio as part of the sun and sound package?

Sponsored

OP
OP
xtalfu

xtalfu

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS Sport
I just read my original post again. The odo is showing 2200 miles now. I drove it off road (on trails of the US Forest Service in the North Georgia Mountain), and I received the Uconnect update that fixed the issues I had mentioned. The Alpine stereo is great for what I’m listening (podcasts and pop music from the 60s to 80s). The sound is clear, the bass are strong but not overwhelming. I still love this car. Very much.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Oh-O they’re gonna verbally beatcha up for calling it a car.
Lol, congrats
Sponsored