OP
OP
Rploaded

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
He primarily works on aviation fuel, but recently was brought over to work on automotive fuel production and development. The automotive industry is going to smaller motors that require FI and have high compression. I have also had some great conversations with him regarding LSPI. I wonder how much LSPI is a factor on the Wranglers 2.0? If it is a problem, that brings on a whole new level of which oil and gas to use.
Is the factory oil SN+? I didnā€™t really think about it until you mentioned it. I run 93 which will help with that but since itā€™s a random event a good fuel and oil combo is a wise choice. The BSG likely helps a lot too, we get sort of launched past the startup phase and into boost profiles faster +1800rpm. The OEM guys have been dealing with LSPI for awhile now and I can only think itā€™s been mostly mitigated through various timing and sensor techniques as they knew when it was likely to occur.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

ozzysjeep

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange 2018 2dr JL
Yes - Iā€™ll continue to take advantage of my engines ability to produce more mechanical energy from the fuel I run. The same way you will use that same thermal energy release from your fuel with an engine that will produce less
mechanical energy. Drop for drop my performance on a specified unit of fuel is greater. Do I think the fuel I choose to run will give me a speed boost or advantage, no. It will however allow me to go farther on less. That is what I call performance.

I think perhaps using the word performance one insitunated that I was referring to speed. I was really referring to it in the space of consumption to energy produced in respect to forward movement. The 2.0 is superior in its use of the fuel to the 3.6 with respect to how much energy it makes per squirt of the injectors.

Happy we both enjoy our jeeps for whatever purpose we bought them for. I really bought the 2.0 because itā€™s new and in my opinion and experience with FI, going to be a ton of fun to tune and play with down the road.

My Jeep is my toy, I donā€™t care if itā€™s in the shop or on the road because for me itā€™s just for smiles anyways.
Well said! You didn't feed the flames. I've always been a 4.0 TJ owner (4). When shopping this past January, I anticipated another 6 cylinder in my future. And then I test drove the 2.0, just for fun. Three days later I bought the orange, two door sports S, 2.0 with freedom top. I love it. MPG is at 26 and the fun factor is 100% There will always be negative people who feed off negativity. Nothing is good enough unless it's their thought, their vehicle, their way. Just ignore the asshats and enjoy the path your on!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Well said! You didn't feed the flames. I've always been a 4.0 TJ owner (4). When shopping this past January, I anticipated another 6 cylinder in my future. And then I test drove the 2.0, just for fun. Three days later I bought the orange, two door sports S, 2.0 with freedom top. I love it. MPG is at 26 and the fun factor is 100% There will always be negative people who feed off negativity. Nothing is good enough unless it's their thought, their vehicle, their way. Just ignore the asshats and enjoy the path your on!
This..the 2.0 is more fun to drive due to the power delivery and added torque.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Torque and power delivery on the 2.0 makes the need for regearing less of an issue.

Also powerband in the low range gets more use out of 4Hi

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Torque and power delivery on the 2.0 makes the need for regearing less of an issue.

Also powerband in the low range gets more use out of 4Hi
Anyone even remotely considering larger wheels/tires should consider the advantages of the extra torque from the turbo.

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone even remotely considering larger wheels/tires should consider the advantages of the extra torque from the turbo.
That must be the reason my JL seems/feels/is quicker than my JK. I had 35ā€™s with a 3.5ā€ lift on my JK with the Pentastar and it really wasn't ā€˜quickā€ at all.
My JLUR 2.0 has the Teraflex 3.5ā€ lift with 37x13.5 (no regearing) and moves! It feels so light and nimble. I also have no issues driving at freeway speeds. All the gears are used, even staying in 8th unless I accelerate, then it goes to 7th. I donā€™t know why I donā€™t have the same 8th gear issue others have, maybe itā€™s the 2.0 vs V6, I donā€™t know. I do know I am happier every time I drive it.
Footnote: I didnā€™t plan on buying the turbo but after test driving, I was hooked.
Sponsored