10 Year or 100,000 mile Battery and Hybrid System Warranty

isthisit

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at 4xe to replace totalled 01 Cherokee
Has anyone done any research on warranty for these items? My biggest fear with this Jeep is the battery degrades and only gets me a 5 mile range in 3 year and is basically useless. I've seen the Nissan Leaf's range decrease (sometimes drastically) since they came out a few years back. I'm wondering what the requirement would be to get this replaced under warranty. I took a 4xe for a 12 mile test drive the other day and basically watched the battery charge decrease before my eyes- It was a little frustrating.
Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Has anyone done any research on warranty for these items? My biggest fear with this Jeep is the battery degrades and only gets me a 5 mile range in 3 year and is basically useless. I've seen the Nissan Leaf's range decrease (sometimes drastically) since they came out a few years back. I'm wondering what the requirement would be to get this replaced under warranty. I took a 4xe for a 12 mile test drive the other day and basically watched the battery charge decrease before my eyes- It was a little frustrating.
You should be about 50% after 12 miles. You get used to it. I'm on my 4th day of ownership and have been running all over town. I haven't used gas in 3 days, haven't closed the top, and haven't put the windows up. :)

Once the battery depletes it goes from EV to hybrid.

I do have your long term concerns but extended out my warranties.

CodyDog

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE /2021 F250 7.3L King Ranch FX4
Battery has a warranty. I know what you mean about watching the charge decrease as you drive. With that being said, I get a good 23 or so miles in all electric mode before it switches to hybrid mode.

The 4XE is awesome.
Sponsored