Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Around town - which is mostly 35-45MPH - we've been getting what I would figure would be ~30 miles on battery power (we've been coming home with ~40% charge, and projecting out the remaining battery would put us at like 31-33 miles). That's not standing on it too much, though that is a hoot. :D

Even the conservative battery consumption projection indicates 28 miles (using our roughly 600 miles as data), this is from ours, as it was sitting yesterday:

Jeep Wrangler JL 1 month with the Wrangler 4XE IMG_7752

I think the aero impact starts becoming very notable over 50-55, and especially at 70+ MPH highway speeds.
Sponsored

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Loving my 4xe so far... hating the uConnect app with a passion. Coming from a Mustang, the Ford Pass app was miles ahead in terms of responsiveness and reliability. Backup camera went out on day two (haven't had it a week yet), but it was back on by the afternoon... so, that will be fun.

In terms of it's paltry 21 mile electric only range, I don't really care. I don't commute, I've been working from home for over 5 years and most of my driving is just around town anyway. What the hybrid does that is more interesting is the extra power and torque, keeping things fun to drive while also pretending to be responsible.

alpha1847

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
I like the 4xe concept a lot...but 21 miles of range is not enough for me. A plug in hybrid with 50 miles of range would be far more attractive to me. That said weight would become too much if current battery technology was used. This thing is already a heavy beast.
I am sure my Sahara with the on-road tires and my mostly urban driving helps, but I am consistently getting 26-29 miles of EV range and I am by no means babying it.
Sponsored