Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Hi all,

So i'm considering going to 35 inch for my Rubicon next spring.

Now, I don't want to go full lift as I will do very mild off-roading.

My reasoning is that since the oem tires are 32.5 inches in reality and I plan on going 315/70R17 which are 34.5, that a 2 inch difference.
The tires will then be 1 inch closer to the fenders.

So, I'm thinking of doing a 1 inch spacer lift.

I see Daystar has a 0.75" kit, which could be ok. I'm looking to preserve the current gap between fenders and tires.

Any thoughts or product recommendations? I really don't want a 2 inch lift.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I looked at the terraflex, my problem is that it's not leveled.

What I mean is that it lifts the front and rear at different values to "correct" the rake they claim.
Problem is, my Rubicon seems to sit pretty level so I would rather keep it as it is, so the same lift front and rear.

renegadecaderyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I looked at the terraflex, my problem is that it's not leveled.

What I mean is that it lifts the front and rear at different values to "correct" the rake they claim.
Problem is, my Rubicon seems to sit pretty level so I would rather keep it as it is, so the same lift front and rear.
Yes, the JLR tend to have a nose-up rake and the JLUR have a nose-down rake. The Teraflex kit is designed to correct that, but if you are already level I can see how that is undesirable. I would measure to confirm that the front and rear are the same height. It may not be as noticeable with the shorter wheel base of the 2 door.

OP
OP

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I really should, maybe it's nose-up and I haven't noticed it.

How would I go about measuring it? I can't compare floor-to-fender since front and back fenders are not at the same height.

Sponsored

renegadecaderyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I really should, maybe it's nose-up and I haven't noticed it.

How would I go about measuring it? I can't compare floor-to-fender since front and back fenders are not at the same height.
Measure the distance from the ground to the bottom of the rock rail. The stock rock rail extends slightly past the front and rear fenders. That's where I would measure at.

Post #20 on this thread has a good side picture of a JLR with 33s, 35s, and 35s with the TF kit.

OP
OP

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Great idea, thanks!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Not my idea, someone else posted this but you can get a true 1" spacer left from Teraflex. If you order the 1.5" spacer lift for the 2 door, it gives you a 1" spacer for the front. Then you just buy Teraflex 1/2 in rear or a daystar 3/4" spacer for the rear and you end up with a pretty close to level 1" spacer lift.

With a winch etc. on front and skids, with this setup (including the Teraflex progressive bumpstops) you should have no issues running 35s on a Rubicon and they won't look small in the fenders. From what I understand, no rubbing either.

I have not done it myself yet, but I may end up going this route to see how I like it. (Still waiting on a few more true 1.5" or 2" spring lifts)

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
well you have a Rubicon so you can put under the stock height fenders 35s with np. now you might need new rims because the stock rims are only 7.5 wide and have a ton of + offset where most after market rims are 0 to -20 offset and stick out a few inches to prevent rubbing of the control arms.

OP
OP

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Oh i'm already set for wheels, but as I've mentionned, I wish to retain the fender gaps I currently have with the 33's.

I can start with only 35's, but to me, and this is strictly my opinion, the 35's with no lift look a tiny bit "stuffed" in the fenders.
I guess I can always add the spacer lift after. The TF 1.5 may be the best way to go.
Won't happen until spring so I have time to shop!!!

Sponsored

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
OP
OP

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
So I measured my jeep's rake and it's roughly equal.
Garage floor to low point on rock rail:
Left Front: 17.25
Right Front: 17.25
Right Rear: 17.25
Left Rear: 17.5

So left rear appear to be a tad higher, maybe to account for the fuel tank?

Anyway, is it possible they adjusted on the 2020?
Or maybe it will settle after more time? It only has about 1000 miles on it

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

So i'm considering going to 35 inch for my Rubicon next spring.

Now, I don't want to go full lift as I will do very mild off-roading.

My reasoning is that since the oem tires are 32.5 inches in reality and I plan on going 315/70R17 which are 34.5, that a 2 inch difference.
The tires will then be 1 inch closer to the fenders.

So, I'm thinking of doing a 1 inch spacer lift.

I see Daystar has a 0.75" kit, which could be ok. I'm looking to preserve the current gap between fenders and tires.

Any thoughts or product recommendations? I really don't want a 2 inch lift.
I just switched to 315 ko2's on my Rubicon. No lift, stock wheels, and no spacers and it only lightly rubs the plastic fender liner when fully flexed and turning.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
you do know that you have a 1.5" lift so doing a 2.5" lift really is just +1" for you.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/rancho-2-0-sport-suspension-system-rs66122br5/_/R-BCKM-RS66122BR5

that lift kit from rancho is made for a rubicon and will let you run 35s with no loss of up travel.
Lift kits are generally designed specifically for the Rubicon model. That's why Sport and Sahara models tend to get more than advertised lift height. A Sport and Rubicon should end up at roughly the same height after getting the same lift and tires.
Sponsored