1 Day in Moab - Beginner in stock Sahara

kushil89

First Name
Kushil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU 4xe Sahara
Hi all! So I'm gonna be in Moab just for a day this Sunday and was wondering if there were any trails I could do in a stock Sahara 4xe? Only things I've changed so far are the tires, I went from the All seasons to 285/65R20 Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. Wife wants to do a long hike and then maybe 1 trail while we're out there before we have to drive back up to Salt Lake City. Any advice on a good trail or two I could potentially do alone with my setup? Or if anyone will be out there that day, maybe someone can help us out? :)

Thanks for any input!
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hi all! So I'm gonna be in Moab just for a day this Sunday and was wondering if there were any trails I could do in a stock Sahara 4xe? Only things I've changed so far are the tires, I went from the All seasons to 285/65R20 Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. Wife wants to do a long hike and then maybe 1 trail while we're out there before we have to drive back up to Salt Lake City. Any advice on a good trail or two I could potentially do alone with my setup? Or if anyone will be out there that day, maybe someone can help us out? :)

Thanks for any input!
I'll be arriving Saturday night!

The answer to this question depends on what kind of person you are and what you're looking to do.

If you are wanting to just do scenic easy trails that can be done in a Subaru, look into hurrah pass, long canyon road, and Schafer trail.

If you're adventurous I suggest hitting Fins N Things. It's a beginner friendly trail, and your rig is more than capable of running it. I ran it in Jeepeto II when she was stock (base model sport, pics here). It was my first off road trail in that Jeep a week after I purchased it, stock on the little 31" tires and no lift. I plan on running fins n things and hells revenge Sunday. Hit me up if you want company.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

Thanks for any input!
Fins n Things.

Seriously, there's no better trail in Moab IMO for a beginner that's also close to town and typically has plenty of other vehicles running (so you don't feel like you're going alone). $5 entrance fee (card only last time I went) to the park area but well worth it! Should be a couple hours if you go slow/take your time. Hells Revenge is in the same area but I'd get your feet wet with Fins n Things first.

OP
OP

kushil89

First Name
Kushil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU 4xe Sahara
What hike are you going to do?
Not sure yet, havent decided. There's so many out there to choose from. In the end it'll come down to how much time we have.

Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Fins n Things is a good one with a number of challenging, but not extreme, obstacles. Dome Plateau is another but it's located about 20 miles east of town.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
There's a great FB group: Friends of Moab. They have tons of great advice and groups going.

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
Maybe not the longest hikes, though we enjoy exploring Eye of the Whale, Klondike Bluffs and Tower Arch when in ArchesNP. The upper Lathrop Canyon and Upheavel Dome hikes in CanyonlandsNP are beautiful and long.

View across the grasslands and from the rim above Lathrop this fall—

Jeep Wrangler JL 1 Day in Moab - Beginner in stock Sahara 81A6E757-C8B5-4810-84C3-C0ABD2811FEB

Jeep Wrangler JL 1 Day in Moab - Beginner in stock Sahara 435513CC-30AA-4B12-BB83-6C58FF0A3A08

JGlanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JLURXR, Outback
Occupation
Dog trainer
Not sure yet, havent decided. There's so many out there to choose from. In the end it'll come down to how much time we have.
Corona Arch is a cool hike if you want something close to town and have 3-4 hours and don't want to spend a whole day going to Arches NP.
Sponsored