Sponsored

1.5 lift - WHAT do i need for correction?

jungloewe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Hey all,

i am driving a european rubicon JLU 2.0 and after a long way of informing i decided to give it a litte bit extra lift.
My usecase:
60% unloaded daily (winch and roofrack only, what cost me around 1") and 40% full-loaded overlanding (and that is the problem where my stock springs were reallly compressed and are on its limits)

I have to look at my budget and so i decided to buy a Eibach 1.0" (only springs which are avaiable in europe) lift in addition with the 0.5" teraflex leveler/spacer kit.
My goal:
hope to increase loaded drivability and hopefully get at least the stock clearence fully loaded.
Otherwise it will be a 1.5" lift unloaded and should be driveable at all because its our daily :)

my question to you is, what correction parts do i need, if so?
- shocks
- geobracks
- LCA

Thanks to all, i am thankfull for every answer
Sponsored

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I have an Australian Rubicon on the way, so same setup as the Euro ones (taller than a Sahara, lower than a US Rubicon). I have a 1.5" lift waiting to go in but I also ordered the mopar lower control arms as they are a little longer and although not 100% necessary will ensure the caster is good, the last thing I want is rubbish steering :) I think that will pretty much do it. I will also be running the stock shocks for a bit while I decide if the lift is enough and what shocks to get.

OP
OP
jungloewe

jungloewe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Thank you Steve :)
Same here. If i would have the choice, i would buy the mopar 2"lift. But its Not legal in Europe because of Mission robustness Dokuments :-(

PatrickR

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I don't think you'll need to do anything unless you want to. that's a lot less lift than most are doing here; and even up to a 2" (over US Rubicon) you really don't need to touch anything. You could do Mopar LCA's for the sake of caster, but you probably don't need trackbars or relocation brackets.

I'm not sure what the exact lengths of that spring are in relation to the US market springs, but I'd think the 0-2" fox 2.0 would be a good starting point. I doubt you'll need bump extensions-the shocks wouldn't require it and the 2" eibach springs don't go solid at stock compression either.
Sponsored