First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys, 2022 JL Willys Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hello everyone, I am currently planning to use 1.5inch lift kits on my Willys. I know it sounds weird, but I want to stick with my stock tire. So the Mopar 2inch lift might be too high for me. I hope to lift my Willys within a reasonable price while still maintaining controllability. mainly drive in the city btw.

I am looking at two options. I confirm that Willy's comes with Rubicon Shocks but does not include Rubicon Springs. If I plan to switch to Rubicon Springs, do I need to purchase additional parts to adjust? Or can it be installed directly? I know someone has already discussed before, just wanna make sure of it. The second is the Teraflex 1.50-Inch Sport S/T1 Suspension Lift Kit. This kit comes with falcon shocks, so here's my concern: how the driving quality and controllability? Does it make it stiff than rubicon shock? I am happy to see some pics if someone has already put the teraflex with stock tire.

What do you guys think about these two options? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I would get the Rubicon springs. I got 1.5 inches on my sport S with the rubicon suspension. Was very economical and kept the ride similar to stock.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Agree with @ThirtyOne - for 1.5 inches, just get some Rubicon takeoffs and you are done.

If you find someone looking to get rid of his Rubicon shocks, springs, wheels and tires, I’d take the entire lot!

3Dirty

First Name
KENNY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I actually just did this setup you are looking for. I too have a Willys, installed the Teraflex S/T kit, but went with the Rancho 9500 adjustable shocks .. Its not too high, and looks just right. Steering has the same stock feeling ... and I can adjust the ride when I want ..

OP
OP
bio86250

bio86250

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys, 2022 JL Willys Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I actually just did this setup you are looking for. I too have a Willys, installed the Teraflex S/T kit, but went with the Rancho 9500 adjustable shocks .. Its not too high, and looks just right. Steering has the same stock feeling ... and I can adjust the ride when I want ..
Do you mind share your Willys pics? Thx

Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Agree with @ThirtyOne - for 1.5 inches, just get some Rubicon takeoffs and you are done.

If you find someone looking to get rid of his Rubicon shocks, springs, wheels and tires, I’d take the entire lot!
Willys comes with Rubicon shocks already, no?

3Dirty

First Name
KENNY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Damn! Now I am seriously consider your mod, what's the tire size on your Willys?
Tires are Toyo AT3s, 285/75/17s.. I decided to go w a 33" tires because I really only get out on the trails maybe 10 times a year, and they are at best intermediate level trails.. I still have great gas mileage, 8th gear, and a very smooth ride. ...

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I would get the Rubicon springs. I got 1.5 inches on my sport S with the rubicon suspension. Was very economical and kept the ride similar to stock.
Apparently Rubicons can come with different springs according to how they are equipped. The springs that I bought had slightly different numbers from some of the numbers posted here and my JLU got 1.5" lift in front and 2" lift in rear.

Mine came w these .. Are they Rubi's? Don't know since seems like it is a different part numbers

Jeep Wrangler JL 1.5 inch Lift Suggestion for JL Willys 20210307_172438
My sport had black shocks, the Rubicon shocks that I bought are red/black like these.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I honestly wish the Rubicon 2dr had another inch of lift over stock. I know it's already an inch or so higher but yeah, with that + 315's it would be perfect for 99% of the milder stuff in Moab that's still scenic. Don't get me wrong, still goes everywhere, just additional piece of mind for some of the drop offs/ledges.

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
I would suggest purchasing the front lower control arms from the Mopar 2" lift. It corrects the steering geometry for the rubi lift.