John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
@Nuddot

Thanks for your purchase of a Threedom fob.. The Threedom Team knew you and other's would love it!

YES, we are continuing to make product offerings for the JT and JL...

For those that "lack the patience" to deal with the RFID chip removal..

There is another way so to speak...

You can disassemble the factory fob and leave the RFID chip alone/leave it in it's holder in the fob casing/shell.

Just take the circuit board, battery, key with the roll pin, and with those, easily easily assemble your Threedom fob.

That assembled Threedom fob will be all you need to have/use for your day to day use of your JL/JT. You do not need the RFID chip in the JT/JL fob. All you need is a programmed for your vehicle circuit board and a healthy CR2045 battery inside the Threedom fob and your key.

You do want to have that RFID chip handy though, as if your fob battery dies, the fob gets wet and no longer works, etc. you will need the RFID chip so you can start your JT/JL and get home.. See my post earlier in this thread showing / explaining how to start with the RFID alone... Read this post over carefully.

So... with that said, you can without issue, use the Threedom fob without having the RFID chip in it.... but you would want to take that disassembled factory JL/JT fob with the RFID chip in it and stash it well / hide it well, in the vehicle so that if/when that day comes, that you need to use the RFID chip to start the vehicle, that you will have the RFID chip with you/with the vehicle.

Threedom encourages guy/gals to move the RFID chip to their new Threedom fob when they assemble it, but again, this work around lets call it, can be used. You decide whether this work around is a way to go for you.

For sure, there are many that do not feel comfortable trying to / dealing with, the removal of the RFID chip from the factory fob.. This work around is A WAY for them to not deal with the RFID chip and still enjoy having/using a terrific Threedom fob...

UPDATE: Threedom, now has a "White Glove Fob Swap" Service.... We'll do the fob swap for you!
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/📢threedom’s-white-glove-fob-swap-🎩.95734/
I’m fighting with the RFID right now and there’s a small part of me that wishes I’d just went for the white glove service 😂
I have another key I could have used for a few days.
C’est La Vie, I’ll get it figured out in a few minutes. Going the hot water route at the moment.

BasicJeepDude

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door
Occupation
Banking | Leadership Development
Just walked through this whole thread. Love it, and thanks for putting all of this detail together.

For us base model Sport drivers, is there a fob only option, no key, no buttons, that allows the circuit board, battery, and RFID chip, to be attached to a keychain?

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Threedom

Threedom

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU & Gladiator
Just walked through this whole thread. Love it, and thanks for putting all of this detail together.

For us base model Sport drivers, is there a fob only option, no key, no buttons, that allows the circuit board, battery, and RFID chip, to be attached to a keychain?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your interest in Threedom custom fobs...

YES, you can order a "buttonless" Model M or Model M+ fob.

We offer a few different textures and an assortment of colors... and of course black.

Jeep Wrangler JL 🪛 Fob 101 -Know thy JL key Fob🪛 08

BasicJeepDude

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door
Occupation
Banking | Leadership Development
Thanks for your interest in Threedom custom fobs...

YES, you can order a "buttonless" Model M or Model M+ fob.

We offer a few different textures and an assortment of colors... and of course black.

Jeep Wrangler JL 🪛 Fob 101 -Know thy JL key Fob🪛 08
That's what I'm looking for!

OP
OP
Threedom

Threedom

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU & Gladiator
Jeep Wrangler JL 🪛 Fob 101 -Know thy JL key Fob🪛 threedom

www.mythreedom.com
Designed and Manufactured especially for you, in Minnesota, USA

Cold Weather Alert!! .... an iffy/old fob battery will fail to do it's job when the temps drop significantly..

So, Reminder... Order some CR2450 batteries... and replace the one in your fob(s).

Whether you have a clunky factory fob or a custom design, smaller Threedom fob, you will need to routinely replace your fob battery.

Jeep Wrangler JL 🪛 Fob 101 -Know thy JL key Fob🪛 810kMr9+p5L._AC_SL1500_

Sponsored