Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
As a @Threedom product tester I have a steady flow of Threedom products being sent to me to eval and test..

Threedom has a BADGE offering that replaces the badge on the driver's side front of the JL/JT and it also can be used if you delete the antenna and want a badge to cover that remaining circular indent..

Anyway, I had already placed a TREAD badge on the rear tail gate of my JL and yes, it looks very good their... the black contrast on my bright white JL is a plus. I have gotten lots of positive feedback from locals that view the badge back there.. Guys/gals say it looks like Jeep put it there..

Anyway, I got fooling with a bag of Threedom badges I have and found the badge works terrific as a vent door decor piece. With over 70 different designs, you can really personalize to your tastes. See all the designs HERE.

You could place one of these badges most anywhere on your vehicle.. any vehicle,
your refrigerator, kids bicycle or .. wherever.

The badge looks like it grew on the vent cover. The cover still rotates freely open and closed, around and around if you want. The vent has an inner X cross frame so badge could never fall into the vent system.. I fastened the badge on with a 3M command strip.

I have been in contact with Carl Douglas, a co-owner of Threedom and a fellow Jeep JL/JT owner and after he saw my badge decor he said "genius" and a day later told me Threedom will soon be promoting a badge kit for the vent covers.

My JL.. Flip Flops on driver's side and Turtle (Gal pal's favorite) on the passenger side.
Jeep Wrangler JL 🩴 AC Vent Cover Decor by Threedom 🩴 20220820_083216

Jeep Wrangler JL 🩴 AC Vent Cover Decor by Threedom 🩴 20220820_084017

Threedom "Tread" design badge on the tail gate..
Jeep Wrangler JL 🩴 AC Vent Cover Decor by Threedom 🩴 reartreadbadge04
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a few more pics I took when trying to decide what vent covers to decorate, which design of the 70+v I wanted on my JL, if they fit well, if they could fall into the vent system, (they can't)etc.. I also placed them in other locations too... and I have one on my tool box... 8-)

Jeep Wrangler JL 🩴 AC Vent Cover Decor by Threedom 🩴 20220818_135557

Jeep Wrangler JL 🩴 AC Vent Cover Decor by Threedom 🩴 20220818_140633

Jeep Wrangler JL 🩴 AC Vent Cover Decor by Threedom 🩴 20220818_140413

Jeep Wrangler JL 🩴 AC Vent Cover Decor by Threedom 🩴 9999---

Jeep Wrangler JL 🩴 AC Vent Cover Decor by Threedom 🩴 20220818_135729

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those that want to see more in regard to placement, clearance...

See vent X member in back of vent hole that would prevent the Badge from falling into the vent system..
Jeep Wrangler JL 🩴 AC Vent Cover Decor by Threedom 🩴 guard

Jeep Wrangler JL 🩴 AC Vent Cover Decor by Threedom 🩴 20220820_083245

Jeep Wrangler JL 🩴 AC Vent Cover Decor by Threedom 🩴 20220820_083301

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Here's a few more pics I took when trying to decide what vent covers to decorate, which design of the 70+v I wanted on my JL, if they fit well, if they could fall into the vent system, (they can't)etc.. I also placed them in other locations too... and I have one on my tool box... 8-)

Can you post a pic of what the vent looks like when it's open?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you post a pic of what the vent looks like when it's open?
The vent door still free spins... can go 360 degrees as the vent door does without a badge on it..

Doors off, hard top off, windows down, sunrider open, I will leave in the closed position. Winter time, etc. will leave the vent doors with the badges in open or partially open position..

Jeep Wrangler JL 🩴 AC Vent Cover Decor by Threedom 🩴 20220820_084047

This pic clearly shows X frame in back side of vent hole
Jeep Wrangler JL 🩴 AC Vent Cover Decor by Threedom 🩴 guard

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good, but think it would look even better if they weren't using such a thick foam-backed adhesive pad.
@AFD

Pics exaggerates, magnifies, what you see in regard to the thickness of the double sided tape... but sure, thinner the double sided tape the better... I used what I had on hand but will undoubtedly redo with thinner double side tape.

Only caveat is don't use the 3M double side tape disc that Threedom is sending with the badge to adhere a badge to the vent cover.... why.... well, you will play hell trying to get that badge off once you get it on there..

Reactions: AFD
OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered sandals for my wife's side. Pretty damn cool. Thanks!

Which command strips are you using? I'm thinking that they'd be too thick for this.
@Ratbert

I used 3M Command Strips here..... and I colored the sides of the tape with a black Sharpie.

The thinner the better in regard to the double sided tape you use. I would not use high strength autromotive 3M tape as you will play hell removing if you get the badge on crooked or ever want to remove it so you can resell it, etc...

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

@Ratbert

I used 3M Command Strips here..... and I colored the sides of the tape with a black Sharpie.

The thinner the better in regard to the double sided tape you use. I would not use high strength autromotive 3M tape as you will play hell removing if you get the badge on crooked or ever want to remove it so you can resell it, etc...
I'm thinking that I'll try some thin double-sided tape and see how that works.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
If these need to come off for any reason, a heat gun or hair dryer might help. Which leads to ; Will the heat from the vents in winter cause them to loosen ?

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If these need to come off for any reason, a heat gun or hair dryer might help. Which leads to ; Will the heat from the vents in winter cause them to loosen ?
@four low

I'm quite sure run of the mill double sided tape might let loose of a badge when the high heat poured through the circular vent hole.

Quality, double sided tape that is meant to handle exterior elements/heat would not let go though.

I'll try different double sided tape offerings until I find one that does the deed best.. If a badge falls off/comes loose I will refasten with another piece of tape.

I mentioned that there is no way a badge could fall into the vent hole, into no man's land as there is a frame work that would prevent that.

I look forward to seeing/hearing how other guys/gals here fasten their badges.. Hope to see pics posted..

Spartan for the JT guys/gals..
Jeep Wrangler JL 🩴 AC Vent Cover Decor by Threedom 🩴 20220818_135813

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
0CB720B6-8C1E-41C6-B197-C3F471153A01.jpeg
Not quite the same but it sure works good when going naked.
Yup, I have done that mirror on the circular vent(s) too. Posted on the forum, about doing that 3+ years ago.

The mirrors like in your pic work aok....

I had a NYS State Trooper once, that did not feel the same as I did though. He did not feel they met NYS side mirror requirements.

Fortunately, he did not ticket me.... After talking to him, I found out he was a JT owner... I showed him my Threedom fob and.... and that distracted him, etc.. and the talk went to how he could acquire/assemble a Threedom fob.. 8-) Again, no ticket to me fortunately. :like: ... but I stopped useing the mirrors on the vent hole covers as my side mirror solution.

cafecito820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I want to like this idea, but every time I look at Threedom's stuff, it seems like it's at least twice as expensive as I would expect it to be. That and, if you really wanted to bring your HVAC vents, vinyl would be much simpler for many reasons (basically flat, easier to remove, way cheaper).
Sponsored