OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
CoolWalk Task Bar Widgets can be toggled on/off in Android Auto settings..

Pic below shows enabled widgets circled in red:
Jeep Wrangler JL 🤳🏾  Android Auto - Smartphone App Update Related 20230201_120115

Last edited:

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

No worries, let's see if I can lay it out a bit better.

Details:

Vehicle: 2023 JLU Willys Sport uConnect 7"
Phone: Google Pixel 7
Watch: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 LTE

Issue:

When receiving and accepting calls while connected to wired Android Auto, the audio input/output will default to the handset on pick up. When checking the audio options uConnect isn't even listed. Usually the only apps I run are Google Maps and Pandora. This problem came up intermittently prior to the update, but has happened everytime with the update. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this.
Looks like the watch was the issue. There's a setting that allows you to answer calls from the watch. Make sure this is turned off, it looks like the phone will default to the first Bluetooth device connected to it that can answer calls. (Answering calls from the watch is kinda dumb anyway unless you have the data plan and you left your phone at the house or something).

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

On X Offroad works with coolwalk. I got the split screen
I haven't tried OnX on Android Auto in a while. Last time it was just a pointer on a map that bounced all over the place. Is it actually usable now?

Sponsored

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I haven't tried OnX on Android Auto in a while. Last time it was just a pointer on a map that bounced all over the place. Is it actually usable now?
Haven't had a chance to use it yet. It worked smoothly on my commute home last night. Like any other map app. I'll post again if I get a chance/remember to use it on a trail.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Android Auto (App) has been undergoing some very significant changes... lots of very positive changes...

Go here often and download and install the current release.. Why wait for Google Play to get around to getting the new release to you..

Go here to download the most current release.. This not a beta release. Released today, 2/4/23.
Android Auto 8.8.630424-release (arm64-v8a) (Android 8.0+)

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've got Waze Beta 4.91.70.700 now and cool walk is working with it. Voice commands like "take me to work" or "navigate to work" did nothing this morning. I found that Waze app permissions did not allow the mic, so we'll see if it works on the way home.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got Waze Beta 4.91.70.700 now and cool walk is working with it. Voice commands like "take me to work" or "navigate to work" did nothing this morning. I found that Waze app permissions did not allow the mic, so we'll see if it works on the way home.
I will re-check, when I go out later today, but when I say "Ok Google" my voice commands work in both Maps and Waze. (I'm running same Waze beta)

Again, I will re-check today... I will post back here late today..

Good chance you have a setting issue..

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I will re-check, when I go out later today, but when I say "Ok Google" my voice commands work in both Maps and Waze. (I'm running same Waze beta)

Again, I will re-check today... I will post back here late today..

Good chance you have a setting issue..
Ya, it was picking up commands (you could see it get my commands on the screen) and they worked in Google Maps, but Waze ignored them. We'll see if that App permission for Waze and the mic go anything on the way home. I had to side load Waze beta, so not sure what it may have reset when I did that.

the changes to Waze are going to take some getting used to too.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reactions: AFD

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@Bryce

By the way... I have been testing the "Weather&Radar" app that supposedly has just become available and works with Android Auto Coolplay.

Sure the app shows up in the Android Launcher but I cannot get it to load..
I read about the Weather&Radar last night. Is there something I need to install to get this?
getting that would be great to have and something I always thought was lacking in Android Auto. I still have 1yr left of the original Travel Link sub, but don't plan to renew it since the weather map is the only ling I use on it.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read about the Weather&Radar last night. Is there something I need to install to get this?
getting that would be great to have and something I always thought was lacking in Android Auto. I still have 1yr left of the original Travel Link sub, but don't plan to renew it since the weather map is the only ling I use on it.
Get the app Weather&Radar (see pic below) at Play Store.

Install the app, go to app Android Auto>Android Auto launcher ....and find and add that app in the launcher line up.

You can turn off ads in that app.. Click remove adds in the ad settings and you get I think it was 14 days free without ads.

Let me know if you get the app to work on your Coolplay...

Jeep Wrangler JL 🤳🏾  Android Auto - Smartphone App Update Related Screenshot_20230208_085146_Google Play Store

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Get the app Weather&Radar (see pic below) at Play Store.

Install the app, go to app Android Auto>Android Auto launcher ....and find and add that app in the launcher line up.

You can turn off ads in that app.. Click remove adds in the ad settings and you get I think it was 14 days free without ads.

Let me know if you get the app to work on your Coolplay...

Jeep Wrangler JL 🤳🏾  Android Auto - Smartphone App Update Related Screenshot_20230208_085146_Google Play Store
Cool. Thanks @Rhinebeck01 . That worked. Google Assistant voice command are still not flowing to Waze, but I'll keep playing with that when I'm off work.
Jeep Wrangler JL 🤳🏾  Android Auto - Smartphone App Update Related screendump - 2023-02-08-09_13_11
Jeep Wrangler JL 🤳🏾  Android Auto - Smartphone App Update Related screendump - 2023-02-08-09_12_30
Sponsored