Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks! You've always got great info.
@Baconator

You are Welcome..

I come to the forum to post ... to provide helpful info to other's.

I also like to post / spread info in regard to new product offerings (offering's from Forum Sponsors and other's) for the JL/JT I find.

Not everyone appreciates my posts/threads.. and to them I say... use the ignore feature in regard to @Rhinebeck01 ... Their loss and for sure it's absolutely no loss to me.
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
@Baconator

You are Welcome..

I come to the forum to post ... to provide helpful info to other's.

I also like to post / spread info in regard to new product offerings (offering's from Forum Sponsors and other's) for the JL/JT I find.

Not everyone appreciates my posts/threads.. and to them I say... use the ignore feature in regard to @Rhinebeck01 ... Their loss and for sure it's absolutely no loss to me.
Who does not appreciate you, lets start a shame list! 🤣

I appreciate you!

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been using this Android Auto wireless adapter for a while now. Originally used it on an Audi SQ5 and it worked OK but not great. Now using on my 2022 Jeep Wrangler and its working much better. Appears they are out of stock at the moment but they should be back. Would make a great holiday gift for someone that uses Android Auto.

https://www.aawireless.io/shop
Yes, AAWireless is woerks quite well with the JL/JT and UConnect. As a JL owner and a AAWireless user, this thread may be of interest to you.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...s-wireless-android-auto-adapter-talk-🤳.86856/

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Android Auto (App) has been undergoing very significant changes... lots of very positive changes...

Only takes a minute to update to a current release version of Android Auto and then to benefit from the updated version.

Still running with Android Auto 8.3, 8.4, 8.5..... do consider updating to Android Auto 8.6

This is not a beta version.. Was made avail. today. 1/5/23
Android Auto 8.6.625034-release (arm64-v8a) (Android 8.0+

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Android Auto (App) has been undergoing very significant changes... lots of very positive changes...

Only takes a minute to update to a current release version of Android Auto and then to benefit from the updated version.

Still running with Android Auto 8.3, 8.4, 8.5..... do consider updating to Android Auto 8.6

This is not a beta version.. Was made avail. today. 1/5/23
Android Auto 8.6.625034-release (arm64-v8a) (Android 8.0+
Going to update now.

What was changed?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to update now.

What was changed?
What's changed corresponds to what old version of Android Auto you are running..

Suffice it to say, there are bug fixes, changes, etc. that come with new versions. Get-er done! :like:

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

Anybody having any issues with AA not transferring calls to the vehicle? Lately mine has been transferring it to the phone.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody having any issues with AA not transferring calls to the vehicle? Lately mine has been transferring it to the phone.
I'm real unclear what you are saying/with what you are seeing... need more info on what the issue is you are experiencing.

I'm running Android Auto 8.8.130344, Samsung S22 and all is aok in regard to dealing with cellphone calls with wireless AA.

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

No worries, let's see if I can lay it out a bit better.

Details:

Vehicle: 2023 JLU Willys Sport uConnect 7"
Phone: Google Pixel 7
Watch: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 LTE

Issue:

When receiving and accepting calls while connected to wired Android Auto, the audio input/output will default to the handset on pick up. When checking the audio options uConnect isn't even listed. Usually the only apps I run are Google Maps and Pandora. This problem came up intermittently prior to the update, but has happened everytime with the update. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries, let's see if I can lay it out a bit better.

Details:

Vehicle: 2023 JLU Willys Sport uConnect 7"
Phone: Google Pixel 7
Watch: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 LTE

Issue:

When receiving and accepting calls while connected to wired Android Auto, the audio input/output will default to the handset on pick up. When checking the audio options uConnect isn't even listed. Usually the only apps I run are Google Maps and Pandora. This problem came up intermittently prior to the update, but has happened everytime with the update. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this.
I'd start trouble shooting with....

Clear caches for apps... Android Auto, Google Play Services and immediately after that,
go to UConnect Projection Manager and remove any and all devices listed there and then add back just your Pixel 7.

Now see if the issue is still an issue..

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Still running with Android Auto 8.3, 8.4, 8.5, 8.6, 8.7..... do consider updating to Android Auto 8.8

This is not a beta version.. Was made avail. today, 1/28/23.
Android Auto 8.8.630404-release (arm64-v8a) (Android 8.0+)

-----------------

Off topic but related.... If you are a Waze user, update your Waze to the beta version that was released on 1/23/23 .... 4.91.70.700 beta

I have been running since 1/23/23 and lots of miles.... the version is stable..

Yes, a beta version but do update to it... much improved.... no, don't ask me to tell you how. Can tell you though if you are in to Waze, do this upgrade. You will like....
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/waze/...c-alerts-live-navigation-4-91-70-700-release/

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Still running with Android Auto 8.3, 8.4, 8.5, 8.6, 8.7..... do consider updating to Android Auto 8.8

This is not a beta version.. Was made avail. today, 1/28/23.
Android Auto 8.8.630404-release (arm64-v8a) (Android 8.0+)

-----------------

Off topic but related.... If you are a Waze user, update your Waze to the beta version that was released on 1/23/23 .... 4.91.70.700 beta

I have been running since 1/23/23 and lots of miles.... the version is stable..

Yes, a beta version but do update to it... much improved.... no, don't ask me to tell you how. Can tell you though if you are in to Waze, do this upgrade. You will like....
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/waze/...c-alerts-live-navigation-4-91-70-700-release/
Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Is Coolwalk part of this?

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Is Coolwalk part of this?
Android Auto's split-screen redesign, (Coolwalk) started rolling out in batches at beginning of this month.

Waze is gaining support for Coolwalk for many with the latest beta update I linked to in my last post.

With that said, update to the Waze beta I mention and you may just have Android Auto's split-screen redesign/Coolwalk.

I know I saw change for the better! Main screen changes!

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Android Auto's split-screen redesign, (Coolwalk) started rolling out in batches at beginning of this month.

Waze is gaining support for Coolwalk for many with the latest beta update I linked to in my last post.

With that said, update to the Waze beta I mention and you may just have Android Auto's split-screen redesign/Coolwalk.

I know I saw change for the better! Main screen changes!
It looks like Coolwalk enablement is controlled on the server.

I work with Google engineers weekly. They love their A/B tests. There must be some reason that they're not releasing it more quickly.
Sponsored