Sponsored

😡 2020 JLUR Hardtop Defect (CRACKED @ 1,250 MILES) Jeep Dealer & Jeep Cares Refuses to Warranty it!

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
I'm not contradicting myself. You are missing the fact that we're talking about two different things.

Again - THE FACT THAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO BUY SOMETHING DOES NOT MEAN IT'S NOT TOO EXPENSIVE.

To answer your question, I bought one because it's what my wife wanted. And yes, i've bought my share of way too expensive vehicles. Like the $78k CTS-V I bought, and the $63k Tahoe...one thing I can say about both of those vehicles though is that they were absolutely trouble free for the entire time I had them. Still, way too expensive.
If you sold your house would you ask what the market would bare or would you sell it for what you paid because "it would be too expensive"? Looks like you bought two vehicles that were more expensive than the jeep and far less capable. When you buy something it is worth it to you or maybe a charitable donation. Would you like the government to set the price?
Sponsored

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
If you sold your house would you ask what the market would bare or would you sell it for what you paid because "it would be too expensive"?
What are you even talking about? This conversation is about Wranglers and SUVs, not real estate.

Looks like you bought two vehicles that were more expensive than the jeep and far less capable.
Both vehicles put the Wrangler to shame. Different league my friend. You can't even build a Wrangler that can hold a candle to the Tahoe and you'll still surpass the price trying. Of course the CTS-V is a different class altogether.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
LOL...you think that offsets it huh? Mkay. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
"LOL" and you apparently think the Wrangler is not overpriced. We all love our Jeeps, but come on.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Both vehicles put the Wrangler to shame. Different league my friend. You can't even build a Wrangler that can hold a candle to the Tahoe and you'll still surpass the price trying. Of course the CTS-V is a different class altogether.
Post pics and explain this Tahoe you speak of - I would be interested in how you managed that one. I looked at the Yukon (I know slightly different) and am not seeing the same capabilities for the trails I drive on.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I've read a lot of dumb comments on this forum but this really takes the cake. You're criticizing a Jeep Wrangler for being a utilitarian, off roading vehicle which makes for immense value for those that want this type of vehicle. Complaints like yours are what happens when people buy because of image over lifestyle. Anything in a Wranglers class in recent memory such as Landrovers, G-Wagons and Hummers have been priced significantly more than any Wrangler. A modded Wrangler(which will still be cheaper than those competitors) will outperform all of them. People buy Wranglers because they're not fancy, because they don't have the latest and greatest plastered all over them to go with many other benefits.

It's okay to not like or appreciate a Wrangler. To suggest they're overpriced though because you and your family made a dumb decision is asinine. The entire point of the Jeep Wrangler is that it's not like every other SUV on the road. Comparing a Tahoe and a Wrangler? :facepalm: Two vehicles that couldn't be any different from each other.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
The fact that the Wrangler is capable of traversing terrain that only 0.01% of it's owners will ever even go near does not justify its price for the other 99.99%. It rides on an absolutely archaic platform with an ancient suspension and steering system, and comes with a standard features list comparable to a 1985 Blazer.
My mom had an early 90s Jimmy, GMC version of Blazer, but it didn't come with 33s, lockers, adaptive cruise, 4:1 t case, 8.4 screen, remote start, heated seats, heated steering wheel, or 440 ft lb of torque at almost 30 mpg.

Fucking sucks trucks have gotten SO much worse than the 85 Blazer was!

It's funny, you spend a lot of time here considering it's your wife's rig and you hate Wranglers so much.

Can we get back to OP? Drilling holes in his roof, cracking it, then being all entitled.

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
My mom had an early 90s Jimmy, GMC version of Blazer, but it didn't come with 33s, lockers, adaptive cruise, 4:1 t case, 8.4 screen, remote start, heated seats, heated steering wheel, or 440 ft lb of torque at almost 30 mpg.

Fucking sucks trucks have gotten SO much worse than the 85 Blazer was!

It's funny, you spend a lot of time here considering it's your wife's rig and you hate Wranglers so much.

Can we get back to OP? Drilling holes in his roof, cracking it, then being all entitled.
Perfect

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
LOL I know, and neither does the Wrangler. That's exactly my point.

Same could be said for me. Frankly, it's the "free cable" I get from watching people posting nonsense that keeps me entertained.
Yup same here. And there's the added element of reading up on all the problems i'm told i'm going to be dealing with. I like to be educated about my vehicles so I spend a lot of time on forums for all of them.

Sponsored

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
This thread was good for a while in that it helped me determine what sort of roof rack to not buy :like:

On another note:

Someone has to pay for all the TSB's, and all the warranty repair work.

That's us. Not Jeep.

They just make us pay for that work upfront when we buy the Jeep :CWL:

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
That's a bummer, man. I feel for ya.

I can see how FCA will skate on this one, as drilling is a get-out-of-warranty-jail-free card. And I have no reason to doubt you did this properly.

Rhino Rack will say "hey this involves drilling so that's a risk and it's your fault blah blah blah"

Never trust anyone when it comes to structural mods, I guess. At least until after warranty so it's a moot point.

Shit man, that sucks.
more than likely, Rhino will say something to the effect of (and this is just guestimation on my part) "our w2arranty only carries damage to our product, we are not responsible for the vehicle it is mounted on or the manner in which it is fashioned" standard warranty legalese
Sponsored