Sponsored

🔦 SS3 LED Fogs - Diode Dynamics - 🪛 Wow!

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
Well it's done ..... I installed a set of @Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Type M Kit White SAE Fog's.

I waited almost 4 years and 66,000 miles to do this. What was I thinking... I should have done this during the first few weeks of ownership. What a major difference in lighting!

Install was easy and would be so for most guys or gals.

The build quality of the lights is top notch which is typical of a Diode Dynamics offering.

The install was easy. As for the aiming I was asking about... Well, I just adjusted so the SS3 fit flush against the inner bumper plastic and the end result was the adjustment was on the money.

Click pic to enlarge...
DD00004.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-12 092824.jpg

890-00.jpg
you definitely won't be disappointed: now, imagine, if you will, upgrading to the SS3 MAX! THAT, my friend is a total mind warp
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Thank you! And both pics are with fog only?
Correct!

However, these are customer images. The output might vary depending on the lift/suspension of the vehicle compared to those still at stock height.

Cyber_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
These are the yellow ones(OP has white) but wanted to share to give you an idea

Just the fog lights. Pretty wide spread 👍

D6D5D27E-8929-4B8B-BD7A-1498E682481A.JPG

And this is with the fogs and headlights on:

9F0E3D45-7592-46C3-BC96-3D25F54988FB.JPG
Your photos show something similar to what I’ve seen in mine and others on the road. In your photos the yellow fog beams are very obviously leaking above your low beams. This could create glare for anyone in the way.
I have my SS3 Pros aimed as low as I could get them, and while the main beam is below the low beams, the lack of a sharp upper cutoff means others around me will see more light than they should.
The leaky portion isn’t as bright so it won’t carry far, but I still prefer to keep mine off unless the weather calls for it.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
If you turn the headlight dial 2(I think) clicks to the left, the low beams will turn off but you will still be able to turn the fog lamps on.
Yes, fogs do go on with the parking lights.

Sponsored

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What's everyone's opinion on doing sport or pro? these wont be for off road use, I'll buy something else on the side. They're more for daily use and or long road trips.

Captain Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2023 Jeep Willys
I bought the Pros in driving beam. The OEM fog light mount is at an optimal height for driving beam. The extra light was worth the extra money for me.

They are sitting in my garage waiting for a warm day to install.

I dont think you can wrong since the lenses are changeable from one beam.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Correct, they're SAE-compliant for legal on-road use when aimed properly!
Even the 'Max' power level with the SAE fog optic at 3500 lumen each?

Also, any chance you guys will ever make a similar output set in more of a stealth/OEM-style optic like your Elite series?

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
What's everyone's opinion on doing sport or pro? these wont be for off road use, I'll buy something else on the side. They're more for daily use and or long road trips.
Our SS3 Pro is 2x as bright as our SS3 Sport. The SS3 Max is 40% more intense than the SS3 Pro.

It's important to note, the SS3 Pro beam pattern is slightly taller for more coverage.

OnHo8Vm.jpg

Even the 'Max' power level with the SAE fog optic at 3500 lumen each?

Also, any chance you guys will ever make a similar output set in more of a stealth/OEM-style optic like your Elite series?
Yes, the SS3 Max with our fog optic is road-legal. The SS3 Max with our driving optic (supplemental high beam) isn't road-legal due to the output intensity being too high for on-road use.

Jeep Wrangler JL 🔦  SS3 LED Fogs - Diode Dynamics - 🪛 Wow! {filename}

SS3 Max Fog

SS3 Max Driving

Reactions: AFD

Blu_JLU

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I just installed the SS3 Pro and it’s incredibly bright and crisp. I think they look great. Here is a pic. Sorry for the glare.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In case anyone is on the fence so to speak in regard to replacing their factory fog lights on their vehicle.....

After 3+ months of having/using in various conditions the @Diode Dynamics SS3 fog lights on my JL....(replacing the factory LED fogs) Well, I'm a believer now, so to speak.

Another terrific offering from @Diode Dynamics.
Jeep Wrangler JL 🔦  SS3 LED Fogs - Diode Dynamics - 🪛 Wow! DD00004

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another 1400 mile + trip.... 21 hrs. + :like: driving day and all night. No stopping other then to whizz and get gas.

What a pleasure to have the SS3's when driving the interstates late at night. So much better then the factory fogs.

Terrific offering by @Diode Dynamics. I'll have to stop by their booth at Jeep Beach 2023 and tell them so. Maybe I can get some free swag from them.. Hint hint.. ;)

I'll probably wear by Diode Dynamics, USA Flag t-shirt while at Jeep Beach 2023 vendor's day.

When no other traffic is in my vicinity, I run with high beams and fogs.. Talk about lighting up the road in front of you.

In the last couple of days I have had a few guys ask about the fogs.. they liked the looks of them and were interested in whether they did the deed, etc..

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, 4,000+miles with these installed .... lots of driving day and all night. Mostly interstate miles but a few hundred of those miles on back roads in NY and Florida. Geeeez, do they light things up forward and to the sides.

Performance of this offering is terrific.

A real pleasure to have the @Diode Dynamics SS3's.. Also, communication with Diode Dynamics is top notch. They are easy to get in contact with and easy to deal with.

Lots of guys/gals ask about the SS3's as they like the look of them. They ask about performance and ease of install. (Easy)

Another big hit with fellow Jeep owner's is the @Threedom , gator skin door handles, custom door and wiper arm caps and the Threedom custom fobs, I show them.

EcoRubicon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Installed a pair of the SS3 Pro SAE fogs last nights and can confirm they're amazing! Mine are mounted on fairlead mount since I have the Motobilt Tomahawk bumper, so I'll have to report back on if I blind anyone but they look great on my end.
Sponsored