Sponsored

🔦 SS3 LED Fogs - Diode Dynamics - 🪛 Wow!

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Was in Virginia Beach, VA the other day and drove non-stop back to NY (8 hrs. at night) after being there.

I drove all night (8hrs.) Damn do the @Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro White fogs make a hell of a difference when cruising down the interstates at night. On the open stretches late at night, high beams with fogs is WOW!

Anyway, I installed a set of the SS3 Pro Type M Kit White SAE Fog's on a JL in Virgina Beach while I was there. The install really is easy. Just don't follow the video to closely, that CJ Off Road Parts has out there regarding the install.

CJ Off Road Parts, video guy "Matt" says to remove the "filler panel" on the front bumper to access the fog light.

The video shows him pulling 6 plastic push pins and then the video suddenly shows him holding the filler panel and he says the filler panel, slid right off... Well, that is total BS. That video was edited ... edited so they did not show Matt or whoever fighting with that filler panel to get it off as it is wedged in there very securely.

Well, after my doing two of these SS3 installs on JL's it means I changed out 4 different fog lights.
There is no reason to pull the filler panel which can be a pain in the ass to do.

Filler panel
Jeep Wrangler JL 🔦  SS3 LED Fogs - Diode Dynamics - 🪛 Wow! jhkml

Just pull the 5 plastic push pins that secure the filler panel and one larger push pin underneath, but do NOT pull the filler panel off the bumper. Doing that deed is a pain in the ass and getting the filler panel back on, even more of a pain in the ass.

Just pull the pins and then with a little man handling push the filler panel toward the rear of the JL.
Push it back far enough and with a small diameter wood dowel or whatever, wedge the dowel so the filler panel is kept away from the bumper enough so you can get the factory fog out and the Diode Dynamic SS3 pod fastened in place and the harness connected.

Yes, tight quarters to work in, with panel left on ....but very doable even if you have big hands.

Do as I mention and the install of the SS3 is easy easy for most anyone and takes no more then 15 min. or so per fog light. Takes about 2 min. to re-secure the filler panel with the 6 plastic push pins.

I did one SS3 install like CJ Off Road Parts said... pulled the filler panel.... and I soon regretted following the video. I quickly realized when the CJ Off Road Parts video cut away during the install and then resumed again, that they edited out removal headaches in regard to the filler panel.

Anyway.... A terrific add are the Diode Dynamics, SS3 Pro Type M Kit White SAE Fog's! ..... the factory LED fogs are laughable in comparison light out put wise... and the SS3's look slick as chitt..

Jeep Wrangler JL 🔦  SS3 LED Fogs - Diode Dynamics - 🪛 Wow! 890-00
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I found an issue with these @Diode Dynamics, SS3's ....

The issue > Thanks to the cool difference in look and increased light output, compared to the stock LED fogs..... I get to lots of guys coming up to me and asking where I got the fog lights on my JL... and how much were they, how hard to install and...

Jeep Wrangler JL 🔦  SS3 LED Fogs - Diode Dynamics - 🪛 Wow! DD00004

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Are these street legal? I have the Baja Design pros and they are too bright to have on at night unless i’m out in the wilderness….

also do these fit well in the OEM bracket/housing or is there a gap. Another con with the Baja’s is that they do not cover the gap completely.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are these street legal? I have the Baja Design pros and they are too bright to have on at night unless i’m out in the wilderness….

also do these fit well in the OEM bracket/housing or is there a gap. Another con with the Baja’s is that they do not cover the gap completely.
Diode Dynamics says the SS3 Pro's, that I am running are Street Legal...
I just had a New York State Inspection done and the fogs were looked at by the Inspector (picky, by the book inspector) and he deemed them legal.... my JL passed NYS inspection.

In regard to the JL factory plastic or steel bumper there is no gap. They fit in there and no gap just as the factory fogs. Install is easy easy for anyone.

Here's an SS3 on a factory plastic, JL front bumper.... Zoom in on the pic...
Jeep Wrangler JL 🔦  SS3 LED Fogs - Diode Dynamics - 🪛 Wow! DD003

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I have the OEM Steel bumper and i’m wondering if they would fit as snug as on the OEM plastics.

Reactions: AFD

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the OEM Steel bumper and i’m wondering if they would fit as snug as on the OEM plastics.
Get the correct mounting bracket form Diode Dynamics and they will fit well.

I have seen on the steel bumper and the gap is very very slight... you had to get down there close, on your knees, to notice the slight gap cat the bottom.

Remember, the installer sets up each aftermarket bracket. Some installers adjust the SS3's mounting so there is a slight gap.... a gap so they can adjust the fog beam up/down.

I have found installing the SS3's on two different JL's, that the beam height was aok with the fog mounted tight (no gap) on the bumper.... tight with no gap for adjustment.

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
And these are street legal, correct? I don’t want to lose my fog lights to only off-roading.

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
And these are street legal, correct? I don’t want to lose my fog lights to only off-roading.
Correct, they're SAE-compliant for legal on-road use when aimed properly!

Sponsored

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
OP- Do you have a pic of the light output with just the fogs on?

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Process Engineer
These are the yellow ones(OP has white) but wanted to share to give you an idea

Just the fog lights. Pretty wide spread 👍

Jeep Wrangler JL 🔦  SS3 LED Fogs - Diode Dynamics - 🪛 Wow! 9F0E3D45-7592-46C3-BC96-3D25F54988FB.JPG

And this is with the fogs and headlights on:

Jeep Wrangler JL 🔦  SS3 LED Fogs - Diode Dynamics - 🪛 Wow! 9F0E3D45-7592-46C3-BC96-3D25F54988FB.JPG
Thank you!

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Thank you!
Here are customer-submitted images of our SS3 Max fog light configuration.

Jeep Wrangler JL 🔦  SS3 LED Fogs - Diode Dynamics - 🪛 Wow! 147147136_3833184590038362_3735534625593680105_o
Jeep Wrangler JL 🔦  SS3 LED Fogs - Diode Dynamics - 🪛 Wow! Gordan Giang SS3 LED fog light kit 3

We have tons of customer-submitted images. Please, feel free to let us know!

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Process Engineer
Here are customer-submitted images of our SS3 Max fog light configuration.

Jeep Wrangler JL 🔦  SS3 LED Fogs - Diode Dynamics - 🪛 Wow! Gordan Giang SS3 LED fog light kit 3

We have tons of customer-submitted images. Please, feel free to let us know!
Thank you! And both pics are with fog only?
Sponsored