🔋🔧 MAIN BATTERY REPLACEMENT TALK - JL/JT 🪫

NY LI'er

First Name
Han
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep wrangler sahara black
the 2024 jeep wrangler specs says the batteries are AGM batteries ranging from 650 to 730 AMP. are these the standard mopar batteries that have been causing so much trouble for everyone to this point, or are they actually starting to use new batteries? does anyone know the specs of the current batteries?
Sponsored

Village Idiot

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have a 2019 3.6, been using a tazer set to turn auto start stop off since day one. My engine has probably only auto-start/stopped 5 times since brand new. It’s now3.5 years old and still on the original MOPAR agm battery. 26,000 miles though.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 3.6, been using a tazer set to turn auto start stop off since day one. My engine has probably only auto-start/stopped 5 times since brand new. It’s now3.5 years old and still on the original MOPAR agm battery. 26,000 miles though.

I also have a 2019. Stop/Start disabled. Still running fine on the original battery.

I do keep it charged with a deltran battery tender when parked and will never use Stop/Start.

Currently 7,985 miles on the odometer. *Probably going to change it out with a new one, as cheap insurance…

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
"In regard to going with the Odyssey Performance AGM94R H7 L4 850 CCA, I listed as an H7 to use in a JL or JT...

Yes, very good battery and it fits well... but, you may not want to go with an Odyssey..

Problem is finding one..... and bigger problem is, if you have a problem with the battery at anytime during the 3 yr. warranty period, you have to deal with the manufacturer directly and apparently at this point in time their customer support is bad bad..

Many are reporting poor customer service and issues with getting customer service to respond in a timely manner and or to be able to contact customer service.

Another issue is when you do get the manufacturer to finally agree to replace a battery, it takes days to a week + to get the warranty replacement battery that they drop ship to you... NO, you cannot just walk into Napa, Auto Zone, etc. that sells Odyssey and get a replacement.

With the above in mind you may not want to go with an Odyssey battery.... unless you have time to deal with the above...

For me, I would be in a pickle lets say, if I had Odyssey battery trouble and I was on an interstate trip, etc.. Thus, though I would like to run an Odyssey, I will not.."

So, Rhinebeck, what would be your suggestion if not Odydssey?? I'm a big Odyssey fan, and have had great service from them for at least 15 years.

G.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Paul. I have that list but have not even considered anything but the Odyssey. Looking for good experiences with others.

G.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
All the batteries on the list of H7's in this thread are very decent AGM batteries.

I was pretty clear in my post why these days I avoid Odyssey, a very decent battery.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just checked Battery Mart and Odyssey and they are in stock at both places.

G.

bruckus

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Rubicon 2dr m/t, 21 4Runner Pro, 19 Trail Boss
I currently have an H6 in my 2020 Rubicon. I am going to upgrade the batteries and go to an H7 for the main. I do realize my battery shield will not fit on an H7. Would anyone that did the conversion and bought a new shield (insulation) know of the OEM P/N ? They list 2
but its hard to tell which oneI have and which one I'll need. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I currently have an H6 in my 2020 Rubicon. I am going to upgrade the batteries and go to an H7 for the main. I do realize my battery shield will not fit on an H7. Would anyone that did the conversion and bought a new shield (insulation) know of the OEM P/N ? They list 2
but its hard to tell which oneI have and which one I'll need. Thanks in advance.
@bruckus

I myself was not concerned with just doing away with the OEM, Main battery, thermal battery cover.

IF you strike out on an OEM thermal cover for your new H7, and you feel you just can't go without one, consider this one.

No, I have not seen or installed this one but it probably will do the deed for you..

Jeep Wrangler JL 🔋🔧  MAIN BATTERY REPLACEMENT TALK  - JL/JT 🪫 s-l1600

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
You want the one that fits the 700CCA battery (not the 600 or 650). It should be this one:

https://www.factorychryslerparts.co...tenance-Free-Battery/14824235/68307803AC.html

Part number = 68307803AC

Sponsored

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has been my understanding that "Rug-Around-The-Battery" is not needed. Mine's been gone for awhile now.

G.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
That thin piece of fiber felt over the battery is a dress up part and nothing more. It serves no practical purpose.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

@bruckus

I myself was not concerned with just doing away with the OEM, Main battery, thermal battery cover.

IF you strike out on an OEM thermal cover for your new H7, and you feel you just can't go without one, consider this one.

No, I have not seen or installed this one but it probably will do the deed for you..

Jeep Wrangler JL 🔋🔧  MAIN BATTERY REPLACEMENT TALK  - JL/JT 🪫 Jeep afire
does anyone think this would help with heat?
Sponsored