litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I wonder if the back gate is split, or a single piece. I don't see hinges on the top of the glass, so the back may be a single door.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I wonder if the back gate is split, or a single piece. I don't see hinges on the top of the glass, so the back may be a single door.
Good point on no obvious hinges, if it’s a roll down that would be good, especially if SOT is available. edit— on second look there appears to be a possible hinge above the taillight that is also sticking past the edge of the gate and window. Confusing

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I think it's one piece. Peep the pic above your post, there appears to be a knobby bit over the right taillight that looks like the second hinge.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I think it's one piece. Peep the pic above your post, there appears to be a knobby bit over the right taillight that looks like the second hinge.
Yup, good catch. So a big ass door. Makes access to the back super easy. I hope the hinges are up to holding a 35" tire.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, good catch. So a big ass door. Makes access to the back super easy. I hope the hinges are up to holding a 35" tire.
Look at the side view, there is minimal fender clearance with the stock tires. 🤷🏼‍♂️

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Doors removable, but top with the roof rails and way the rear door is attached, looks like a no...who the heck is this abomination supposed to appeal to??

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Doors removable, but top with the roof rails and way the rear door is attached, looks like a no...who the heck is this abomination supposed to appeal to??
The top has a One-Touch power top. It's going after the mild-mid-level off-road Wrangler drivers or people who want the capacity of a Defender.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
The rear side panels supposed to be removable like with the SOT, and the rear glass also supposed to either be removable, or roll down into the tailgate.

Hopefully the circus light show upfront is a $2k option, you know how Jeep can be stingy with LEDs, this is one case where people that really really want it, would pay for it. My guess the only people that would order those grill lights if optional are the dealers.

The splattering of blue and clown lights are really turning these EVs into a joke, off-road vehicle with fragile expensive glass, that makes a lot of sense.

EVs are supposed to save the planet one light pollution at a time.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

The rear side panels supposed to be removable like with the SOT, and the rear glass also supposed to either be removable, or roll down into the tailgate.

Hopefully the circus light show upfront is a $2k option, you know how Jeep can be stingy with LEDs, this is one case where people that really really want it, would pay for it. My guess the only people that would order those grill lights if optional are the dealers.

The splattering of blue and clown lights are really turning these EVs into a joke, off-road vehicle with fragile expensive glass, that makes a lot of sense.

EVs are supposed to save the planet one light pollution at a time.
I'm hoping the grill lights can be turned off. Maybe Tazer will rescue us?

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The top has a One-Touch power top. It's going after the mild-mid-level off-road Wrangler drivers or people who want the capacity of a Defender.
Except they wouldn’t want to cannibalize Wrangler sales. Typical LR/4R/Bronco-sport drivers who want EV’s ?

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
My problem with these things is the cost to fix, a Wrangler grill can be fixed for $200, that would cost a lot more to fix.

One on the reasons I buy a Wrangler body damage can be fixed for relatively cheap compared to other vehicles.

I'm hoping the grill lights can be turned off. Maybe Tazer will rescue us?

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Look at the side view, there is minimal fender clearance with the stock tires. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Exactly what I was thinking. How are we supposed to stuff 35" or 37" tires on that thing without ruining the inner and outer fenders? They should have been the "outie" style fenders like on the Wranglers. Also, too many colors on this thing. Just looking at the rear picture you've got the body color, black, Blue, Orange, and red taillights; I mean just slap the whole rainbow color palette on there and call it a day. Same with the hood - green, black, blue, orange...and that old-style Cherokee Jeep logo stuck to the front of the hood.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The Bronco is ugly. This thing looks a bit like a Bronco but it is much uglier than the Bronco...

If I was in the market for an off-roadish SUV with some electric capability I would prefer the grand Cherokee 4xe.

This thing is perhaps one of the ugliest, if not the ugliest, car Jeep has ever made. They took all the tacky and douchy elements from the Hummer and the Bronco and put them together in one suburban type vehicle. Yuck.
Sponsored