Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Looks pretty cool. I like it, may be a little too close to the ground though.
👓 Your last checkup ?
Jeep Wrangler JL 📸 Jeep Recon EV Has Debut in the Flesh at Stellantis Dealer Event! 8C9491A7-ACA7-4CA3-B582-02B24DD5877C
If you can’t read line 6 it would be difficult to distinguish from a Bronco, 4R, LR, 😉 😊 ……….regrettably only half kidding, and even Wrangler is taking a step towards a generic looking suv with the new grill, 🙁
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gossamer

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, Tesla M3P
I thought they said this thing would be able to do the Rubicon? Start to finish, on one charge for the battery... I think they forgot to make sure the rest of the vehicle could make it.
Dem towhooks look plenty sturdy for dragging it thru da Rubicon. No powa needed

The J)eepstate

First Name
Agent G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 3.6 Auto
Occupation
duck around and find out
EV or not, still looks more like the boxy ole XJ than the outgoing Cherokee, could just slap that badge on it instead of "Recon".....

Sure would be cooler if they offered an ICE /hybrid engine option for it...

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
That grill lit up is horrible. There is not 1 grill on an ev I have seen yet that I like. The ford pickup comes the closest for me. They r all horrible. That blue 4xe badge big enough on the bad. Don’t think u will miss that. It’s boring. Just boring like all the other ev’s. The gmc pickup is the only one that looks decent to me.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I thought they said this thing would be able to do the Rubicon? Start to finish, on one charge for the battery... I think they forgot to make sure the rest of the vehicle could make it.
I’m guessing it will have air suspension that adjusts the ride height, something similar to the defender.

I’m still thinking that the width and height, which both look substantial, will make it more susceptible to body damage.

All that said, I don’t think it looks that bad. I could see replacing my wife’s pilot with it. Especially if the sky one touch is standard.

Sponsored

Obi Wan

First Name
Obi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
starwars.fandom.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU SPORT S 2.0, 2004 TJ SPORT 5.3LS
Occupation
Jedi Knight
It reminds me of The Homer.
Jeep Wrangler JL 📸 Jeep Recon EV Has Debut in the Flesh at Stellantis Dealer Event! 1679915504337

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Overall, I like it. However there is a lot of room for improvement. Jeep needs to rework that grille. Just throwing on some lighting doesn’t really work. It’s too distracting for my taste. The exposed hinges look terrible on an otherwise clean body. I know the doors are supposed to be removable but I don’t think the target audience really cares. IMO that should be saved for the EV Wrangler. Also, it’s going to cause extra parasitic drag, which matters on any EV. Props for getting the charging port location correct. The Recon will be easier to charge at Tesla’s Superchargers.

Of course, the ground clearance is an issue here. If you’re going to put K02s on it, you had better give it some serious ability to go over things. My Rivian R1T has 10“ of clearance at it’s lowest setting and almost 15” at it’s highest. I’m guessing that Jeep is going to put an air suspension on the Recon.

Personally, I think I’d skip this and cross my fingers that the Wrangler EV doesn’t stray too far from the formula that makes it a Wrangler. However, for that to really happen, the Wrangler is going to need the next generation of batteries to let it remain a brick while having sufficient range.

jo_xj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
This isn't even hiding the fact that it's copying design features from the Bronco. I guess that's fine, and it's just part of healthy competition, as long as Jeep's Bronco obsession doesn't start influencing the Wrangler too much.

Sponsored

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I don't hate it but not something I would buy. If I wanted a Bronco the other manufacturer makes a nice petrol version. Not really liking the EV line up from any of the major manufactures. As long as Jeep and it's Fiat (I know...Stalantis) parents keep chugging out gas solid axle vehicles they can create whatever else they please. I'm still a bit irritated they cut the diesel....it's been a great engine and would buy another diesel if I could.
Sponsored