Sponsored

🪛 🧨 Custom Design Hinge Covers - Hood & Door - Multiple textures available..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threedom

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU & Gladiator
Like many of us, our Jeep has a great stance with 35x12.5 tires which extend past the fenders. Unfortunately, this puts the door hinges in a battleground full of projectiles. We've looked into hinge covers but they are all made overseas and are uninspiring.

This led us to develop our own cover designs with and without exposed bolts. The initial designs shown here are for final fitment testing and have plain designs. We'll be adding customization options, such as textures.

Let us know if there are particular designs or features you would like to see in our upcoming hinge protectors.

p.s. our covers will come with automotive double-sided tape

Jeep Wrangler JL 🪛 🧨  Custom Design Hinge Covers - Hood & Door - Multiple textures available.. 2022-03-19 08.35.57
Jeep Wrangler JL 🪛 🧨  Custom Design Hinge Covers - Hood & Door - Multiple textures available.. 2022-03-19 08.35.46
Jeep Wrangler JL 🪛 🧨  Custom Design Hinge Covers - Hood & Door - Multiple textures available.. 2022-03-20 09.12.58
Jeep Wrangler JL 🪛 🧨  Custom Design Hinge Covers - Hood & Door - Multiple textures available.. 2022-03-20 09.13.33
Jeep Wrangler JL 🪛 🧨  Custom Design Hinge Covers - Hood & Door - Multiple textures available.. 2022-03-20 09.14.03

2022-03-19 08.35.34.jpg
Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Both of those look great. My only concern/comment would be to ensure that moisture cannot get in, or that it can easily get out of it does. Hinges and surrounding areas are already a known corrosion problem.

StinGrayRXR

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR Sting Gray - Ordered 2/10/22
Clubs

I like the texture of the covers in the first post but personally don't think the carbon fiber look belongs on a Wrangler. My preference would be for the exposed bolts look as well.

Have you guys considered doing an upper cover like the lower cover, just to cover up the front facing part of the hinge? This would be a minimalistic approach that also serves as functional rock chip protection.

Have you guys considered doing the threedom geometric logo pattern? A slightly different take on the hex pattern I suppose.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I'd bought the cheap overseas covers and painted them matte, but much prefer the bolts covered version here.

Will you also do sets for the other hinges (hood and tailgate)?

BigMaCro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe Rubicon, 2004 WJ
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carhauler
Vehicle Showcase
I agree the carbon fiber texture is a bit much. I will prefer a subtler design or just smooth black to match my black fenders. Already a happy customer, so I look forward to this release!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threedom

Threedom

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU & Gladiator
I agree the carbon fiber texture is a bit much. I will prefer a subtler design or just smooth black to match my black fenders. Already a happy customer, so I look forward to this release!

@BigMaCro

We are aware that tastes vary widely in regard to texture... With that in mind, Threedom will have black-smooth as well as a few different texture offerings in black.

OP
OP
Threedom

Threedom

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU & Gladiator
Jeep Wrangler JL 🪛 🧨  Custom Design Hinge Covers - Hood & Door - Multiple textures available.. threedom

Soon available / in June .... We are presently, finalizing the textures... Yes, we will have plain but also a few different textures that have incredible detail..

Here is Snake Skin... (Double click to enlarge the pic)

Pic shows only part of the hinge covering..

Jeep Wrangler JL 🪛 🧨  Custom Design Hinge Covers - Hood & Door - Multiple textures available.. 20220531_151904

Last edited:

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Have you guys considered doing an upper cover like the lower cover, just to cover up the front facing part of the hinge? This would be a minimalistic approach that also serves as functional rock chip protection.
I 2nd this! This is what I want, not a complete cover.

OP
OP
Threedom

Threedom

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU & Gladiator
Snipe:
Have you guys considered doing the threedom geometric logo pattern? A slightly different take on the hex pattern I suppose.
@StinGrayRXR

Yes, the Threedom geometric logo pattern texture will be available this month/June 2022.
We are presently finalizing this texture. The detail is incredible!

Last edited:

AC87

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Service Technician
I really like this design with the bolts showing and also covered. It's a hard choice haha! Very interested in this, keep us posted please. I am happy you offer shipping to Canada as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL 🪛 🧨  Custom Design Hinge Covers - Hood & Door - Multiple textures available.. 2022-03-20 09.12.58

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threedom

Threedom

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU & Gladiator
Jeep Wrangler JL 🪛 🧨  Custom Design Hinge Covers - Hood & Door - Multiple textures available.. threedom

Soon available / in June .... We are presently, finalizing the textures... Different textures will be available ...They have incredible detail..

Here is Gator... (Double click to enlarge the pic)

Pic shows only part of the hinge covering..
Jeep Wrangler JL 🪛 🧨  Custom Design Hinge Covers - Hood & Door - Multiple textures available.. 20220531_151750

Last edited:
Reactions: RZ.

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Smooth Matte Black covers - not sure which I prefer the hole or holeless version honestly but nice to hear you will be offering both.

Right now I am running the cheap plastic covers you get off Amazon and they are fading from the original glass (matte wasn't available at the time). If you do get eventually offer these please use legit 3m tape placed in the right spots to fasten them securely to the hinges. I had to buy a roll of the tape and redo mine entirely but again they were the cheap version.

If you are looking for testers I would be open to buying an early set as long as I can get the final release version =) I am curious what price point you were considering bring these in at currently.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
@Threedom - any update on something to cover up just the front facing part of the hinge instead of covering the whole hinge? I'll give you money if you make it!

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
i'd be game for a set of matte (no fancy texture) covers as well. i have a cheap set of ebay ones that are glossy and the cheap tape is starting to fail.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
These look nice, I would like just a matte black set. But what I think would be good is on both the exposed bolt and non-exposed bolt style is if you put a little jeep grill, or a jeep itself like what already comes on wheels , windshield etc. right between the 2 bolts (Or the flat surface of the non-exposed bolt style) Or maybe 1941 right there.

Will be following these. Thanks for making something quality for this application.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.