2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
@Rhinebeck01 With start/stop enabled do I need to manually connect each time? I currently have it enabled but AA will not automatically connect.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Rhinebeck01 With start/stop enabled do I need to manually connect each time? I currently have it enabled but AA will not automatically connect.
@Daffydnbugs

Look in your Android Auto app settings. There is a setting there entitled "Start Android Auto Automatically" Make a setting choice there. I have mine set to "Default (set by the car".

With AAWireless app "start/stop" enabled my AAWireless starts each time automatically.

Let me know if this helps or you need other ideas on your AAWireless not starting automatically.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
@Daffydnbugs

Look in your Android Auto app settings. There is a setting there entitled "Start Android Auto Automatically" Make a setting choice there. I have mine set to "Default (set by the car".

With AAWireless app "start/stop" enabled my AAWireless starts each time automatically.

Let me know if this helps or you need other ideas on your AAWireless not starting automatically.
Have the settings right in Android Auto and the start/stop enabled also but will not start automatically. If I disable the start/stop, AA always works automatically, usually before I even start my Jeep.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Digging a little deeper, my Pixel keeps switching the AA app for unrestricted battery use to optimized. Maybe this is causing the problem?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Digging a little deeper, my Pixel keeps switching the AA app for unrestricted battery use to optimized. Maybe this is causing the problem?
@Daffydnbugs

Very likely/probably your smart phone switching to battery saver mode / restricted is what is causing the no start of AAWireless.

With my Samsung S22, I can look under "App info", select "Android Auto" app and there in the app go to "Battery" and select unrestricted, Optimized or restricted. -- Mine is set to "optimized".

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
@Daffydnbugs

Very likely/probably your smart phone switching to battery saver mode / restricted is what is causing the no start of AAWireless.

With my Samsung S22, I can look under "App info", select "Android Auto" app and there in the app go to "Battery" and select unrestricted, Optimized or restricted. -- Mine is set to "optimized".
Phone is not switching to restricted but to optimized. Both Android Auto and AAWireless are both currently set to optimized. Maybe I should just do a reset for the dongle and start fresh.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Phone is not switching to restricted but to optimized. Both Android Auto and AAWireless are both currently set to optimized. Maybe I should just do a reset for the dongle and start fresh.

@Daffydnbugs

In your Android Auto app settings. "Start Android Auto Automatically" , set your setting choice there to "ALWAYS".

See if that gets AA ..... with AAWireless starting automatically each time.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
@Daffydnbugs

In your Android Auto app settings. "Start Android Auto Automatically" , set your setting choice there to "ALWAYS".

See if that gets AA ..... with AAWireless starting automatically each time.
Have they setting right also. Thank you for the help, though.

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Good ideas for me to try, thanks. I have a pixel 6 Pro and the AAWireless sometimes does not start and I'll have to hit restart on the app to get it going. It's about 50/50. I hope some of theses settings mentioned fixes the problem.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, for about 3 months now, I have been running the AAWireless Wireless Android Adapter.
Wireless Android Auto is a pleasure.

Suggest others get an AAWireless dongle .....

No having to deal with a USB cable.... no having to disconnect the USB cable when you go to show your smartphone app at the drive up window.

No fiddling / dealing with a USB cable when you want to snap a pic or check something out on the phone..

Anyway, buy an AAWireless dongle on Amazon. You can use it now until Jan and if you do not appreciate it, (you will appreciate it) return it to Amazon for a full refund.

The install is easy...

Cletus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Rhinebeck01, do you have any suggested settings for the AAWireless dongle?

I can’t seem to make it more than 10 to 15 minutes without the AAWireless dongle stopping and displaying the error message “There was a connection error with your Android Auto device.”. At this point the LED on the dongle is white and the only way to get it working again is to unplug it for a minute and plug it back in.

My equipment and what I have tried. The Jeep is a 2022 JLUR with the 8.4 radio, phone is a Google Pixel 7Pro. I am running the latest version of Android Auto from APK Mirror. I have tried both USB ports on the dash and the one in the center console, I have tried 4 different USB cables so far. I have also tried removing all blue-tooth devices from the phone and radio and reinstalling them.

I also have the Motorola MA1 and have never had it crash and display “There was a connection error with your Android Auto device.”. The MA1 will stop every time I pass the fire station but resumes again once I’m out of the area.

I welcome any suggestions you or anyone else may have.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rhinebeck01, do you have any suggested settings for the AAWireless dongle?

I can’t seem to make it more than 10 to 15 minutes without the AAWireless dongle stopping and displaying the error message “There was a connection error with your Android Auto device.”. At this point the LED on the dongle is white and the only way to get it working again is to unplug it for a minute and plug it back in.

My equipment and what I have tried. The Jeep is a 2022 JLUR with the 8.4 radio, phone is a Google Pixel 7Pro. I am running the latest version of Android Auto from APK Mirror. I have tried both USB ports on the dash and the one in the center console, I have tried 4 different USB cables so far. I have also tried removing all blue-tooth devices from the phone and radio and reinstalling them.

I also have the Motorola MA1 and have never had it crash and display “There was a connection error with your Android Auto device.”. The MA1 will stop every time I pass the fire station but resumes again once I’m out of the area.

I welcome any suggestions you or anyone else may have.
@Cletus

Could be related to your Pixel 7 Pro. I have read guys with Pixel's having some issues.

Have you tried changing from 2.4 to 5 G or vice versa?

Have you fooled with start/stop enabled or disabled?

What firmware is on the AAWireless?

Be religious about keeping Android Auto's cache cleared..

The MA1 is very good offering.. I ran it one for months. Only reason I went to an AAWireless dongle is because of the companion app to the AAWireless deals better with the JL's, USB ports being powered up for over an hour and ..

Reality is, I would go back to the MA1 in a heartbeat as the one quirk with the MA1 was no big deal.

Cletus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
After a couple days of testing here is what I have found.

I was having the same issue with a Pixel 3 before getting the Pixel 7 but this wouldn’t be the first time I’ve head of an issue only affecting Pixel phones. Setting the AAWireless to either 2.4 or 5 GHz didn't make a difference. I also tried a factory reset, Start/Stop, Dongle Mode, and Passthrough without luck. According to the AAWireless App I am on the latest firmware.

Looks like it’s time to contact tech support. @Rhinebeck01 thank you for taking the time to offer some troubleshooting suggestions.

Obi Wan

First Name
Obi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
starwars.fandom.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU SPORT S 2.0, 2004 TJ SPORT 5.3LS
Occupation
Jedi Knight
@Rhinebeck01

I updated my Android Auto to 8.5.6245 this morning hoping to have the new Coolwalk UI with no luck. I assume it's a firmware update needed for the head unit.

The new build is still running solid and stable, but the UI looks no different that the previous build.

Have you had a chance to test this build yet?

Also, my AAWireless is still working perfectly after the troubleshooting we did a few weeks ago 👍
Sponsored