Threedom

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU & Gladiator
We have had several requests for waterproof keys since we began the development of the Threedom key fobs. The waterproof key holders incorporate a pocket for the RFID chip so you can enter and start the Jeep without the fob.

We are getting close and will be releasing the sports key holder in the next two weeks. This post includes a simple v3 prototype and a render of the design we are finalizing. Yes, it is a Wrangler! @Rhinebeck01 We hope you like it, since you have been asking the longest!!! :like:

2022-03-30 19.00.34.jpg
2022-03-30 19.00.24.jpg

The keyholder design we are finalizing. The RFID chip inserts in through the tailgate and the key is inserted between the wheels.
jeep key preview.JPG

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
Great........

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Great, I,m looking forward to the final offering.... to using it..

With this a guy or gal, could have a Threedom Model M or Model M+ and hanging on it's key hook they could have this Waterproof Sport Key.

When they got to the beach to swim/surf, or to the airport to skydive, or at somewhere, where they might get wet/did not want to carry a fob.... they would detach the Waterproof Sport Key from the fob key.

They would take the Threedom fob itself and place it in a Farrady Bag and stash it well, inside the JL.

Then they would lock the JL with the Waterproof Sport Key and then fasten that key onto their belt, etc..

Now, they could do their activity and not have to worry about the fob getting wet, or having to worry about the fob lets say.

OP
OP
Threedom

Threedom

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU & Gladiator
threedom.jpg

US_Flag_icon1.png

If all goes as planned, Threedom will be debuting it's Waterproof Sport Key offering at Jeep Beach 2022 in 13 days.

The waterproof key holders incorporate a pocket for the RFID chip so you can enter and start / drive the Jeep without the fob.

We'll have two variations ... One will be a Wheel and the other a Jeep Wrangler.

I will be posting pictures of the two offerings in this thread...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Threedom

Threedom

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU & Gladiator
www.mythreedom.com
Designed and Manufactured in Minnesota, USA

Please, pardon these very poor pics of our Weatherproof Sport Key offerings (2) that we will have available very very soon....

We wanted to let you all take a sneak peek at these today.....

We are very excited about them.... we know that many of you have been patiently awaiting them and eager to see them.... So, here the 2 are without their make-up and nail polish on so to speak.

001RFID.jpg

002RFID.jpg

Last edited:

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings
Vehicle Showcase
I like the idea of being able to lock the fob inside and take a waterproof key when I'm kayaking. Personally I don't need the RFID chip in one - I'd just use the key to unlock the door.

OP
OP
Threedom

Threedom

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mythreedom.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU & Gladiator
I like the idea of being able to lock the fob inside and take a waterproof key when I'm kayaking. Personally I don't need the RFID chip in one - I'd just use the key to unlock the door.
threedom.jpg

@OldBlue

We presently have 3 different design key holder's. The current key holders do not have a compartment for the RFID chip. You take the cut key from your stock fob and attach it to our Threedom key holder with the factory roll pin from your stock fob.
https://mythreedom.com/products/key_holder

Roll Pin
roll pin.jpg

With our new Waterproof Key Holder (2 different designs) you incorporate both the factory fob's cut key and the factory RFID chip . Factory cut key, attaches with your factory fob's roll pin.
(You do not have to place the RFID chip in this holder if you do not want it in there)

Here is a pic of the 3 Threedom key holder's that do not incorporate the RFID chip.

Capture.JPG

Key01.jpg

Last edited:

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings
Vehicle Showcase

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Well, my picture is not the greatest, but I stopped by @Threedom 's booth at Jeep Beach 2022 today and got my hands on one of their new Waterproof Sport Key's.

Was great meeting some of the Threedom Team. Thanks for the Waterproof Sport Key..

It is quite cool. The detail on the little 2 dr. JL Sport Key is great.

The factory fob, RFID chip slips right in and when you insert the key (key held in by factory roll pin) the RFID chip cannot come out... is held in place.

Anyway, real nice like all the other Threedom offerings.

Weatherproof Sport Key assembled and with my zipper pull attached.
20220429_174543.jpg

Rubigone

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Do you hold the key next to the button to start the jeep?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Do you hold the key next to the button to start the jeep?
@Rubigone

While holding the brake pedal down, you press the Weatherproof Key Holder (the little Jeep) against the start button until the start button depresses and the JL starts.... and you can drive the JL.

Threedom also has 2 different Weatherproof Key Holder's that are the shape of a tire/wheel.

JohnnyG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Suzuki GV, various performance 65-70 mopars
It would be great if an additional roll (spring?) pin could be included so that a key blank could be cut rather than using the one in the fob. I have no idea what the pin size is since my car is on the wait list; probably metric as the smallest standard US size is 1/16". Even better would be to sell them with a key blank and a pin.

pin sizes

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
For those that are interested in setting up a Threedom key holder, either one of Threedom's currently available design key holder's, 3 different designs available) or one of their soon to be available Waterproof Sport Key's (2 designs will be offered) that incorporate the factory RFID chip, do know that you will need to use a cut key blank that is shaped and sized exactly the same as the factory cut key.

With that said, you would use the cut key you remove from one of your factory fobs or you would buy the appropriate key blank and have that blank cut by a local locksmith.

The pic below shows the shape of the key blank that you would buy. This blank can be found on eBAY and through dealers of key blanks.

Here is one eBAY seller selling the key blank at a very reasonable price, which includes free shipping. NO, I do not know this seller..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275202268096

Yes, most guys/gals will just remove/use their factory cut key blade but you do have this alternative..

factoryblankJL-JT.jpg

@JohnnyG

Last edited:

GreySportySpice

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL Sport 6MT, 21' Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer