Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Mopar Is Charged Up for 2022 SEMA Show

October 11, 2022 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Today, Mopar released concept sketches in advance of the upcoming 2022 SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) Show in Las Vegas (Nov. 1-4). Mopar will showcase customized vehicles and hundreds of quality-tested, factory-backed performance parts and accessories in its 15,345-square-foot exhibit in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.

Mopar
This year marks the 85th anniversary of Mopar.

A simple combination of the words MOtor and PARts, Mopar offers exceptional service, parts and customer-care. Born in 1937 as the name of a line of antifreeze products, Mopar has evolved over 85 years to represent both complete vehicle care and authentic performance for owners and enthusiasts worldwide.

Mopar made its mark in the 1960s during the muscle-car era with performance parts to enhance speed and handling for both on-road and racing use. Later, Mopar expanded to include technical service and customer support, and today integrates service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance customer and dealer support worldwide.

2022-Mopar-SEMA-Concepts-1.jpg

2022-Mopar-SEMA-Concepts-2.jpg

2022-Mopar-SEMA-Concepts-3.jpg
Sponsored

Dodgeman70592

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2011 Challenger SRT IE #94, 2023 392XR
Dodge is supposed to have the 7th and final Last Call car there for unveiling at SEMA as well. Wondering if it will be some 1000HP Hellaphant powered something. I'm gonna be at SEMA this year, but only on the Thursday. We don't fly in till Wednesday night and we have other plans on the Friday. Will be neat to check these out.

Lumis Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 JTR
I hope not but, stellantis/jeep will probably lay another egg like they did in Detroit. If they don't announce a 20th anniversary Rubicon by then, it's not happening. If not, in all likelihood, stellantis will be terrible for jeep. Sad day, jeep was on such an up swing prior to stellantis.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
The one thing I have learned from YEARS of looking at Jeep concept vehicles is that if it is a concept it absolutely positively will NEVER become a production vehicle. A name or color or accessory might MIGHT slip through but that’s it. I now look at their concept vehicles to get a really solid idea of what they are NOT going to produce.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
The one thing I have learned from YEARS of looking at Jeep concept vehicles is that if it is a concept it absolutely positively will NEVER become a production vehicle. A name or color or accessory might MIGHT slip through but that’s it. I now look at their concept vehicles to get a really solid idea of what they are NOT going to produce.
Yeah, remember the Jeep Dakar...never gonna happen!

Sponsored

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Many of the Jeep concepts are designed to showcase Mopar and aftermarket parts. While building a really cool vehicle.

That being said there has been a history of teased ideas in the concepts becoming reality in a future build/model.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
The surge image is definitely not JL. The door frame, hood, and steel portion of the fender looks very CJ like. It also has an EV badge on the quarter. Being there’s no sense in an entirely new body style for an EV wrangler, I’m wondering if they’re going to have a retro EV sold as a side by side like what mahindra is doing.

roxor-2019-mahindra-4wd-orange-b.jpg

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Jeep just needs to buy the Roxor operation from Mahindra.

I'd like to believe that Stellantis is inxesting in problem solving right now, rather than coming up with more versions and options.

Our 2022 Wagoneer is a very well built vehicle. Let's hope that that level of quality control standard is implemented in Toledo. Quality improvements cost money. No one here would compalin if there was better fit and finish and better build quality.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
The EV emblem looks like its styled after the CJ era V6 emblem. A retro, EV Jeep would be tempting.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
"...Mopar will showcase customized vehicles and hundreds of quality-tested, factory-backed performance parts and accessories..."

They lost me at "quality-tested, factory-backed".

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
The surge is probably something for the new EV Recon. That's why it looks Wrangler-esque.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
^^^ I can definitely see the similarities!

Also, to the earlier comment from rkwfxe about concept vehicles never coming to market... correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 392 Rubi previewed as one of Jeeps concept vehicles shortly before it became official?

(not that I disagree with you in general though. It definitely seems that 99.9999% of concepts cars never make it to production)

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
^^^ I can definitely see the similarities!

Also, to the earlier comment from rkwfxe about concept vehicles never coming to market... correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 392 Rubi previewed as one of Jeeps concept vehicles shortly before it became official?

(not that I disagree with you in general though. It definitely seems that 99.9999% of concepts cars never make it to production)
They periodically sneak in parts from an upcoming revision on their concepts. The 2017 Safari concept previewed the 2018 JL fender flares and grill. The 2005 Gladiator concept actually previewed the design of the 2007 JK.

Jeep Wrangler JL ⚡️ Mopar Teases New Jeep and RAM Concepts Ahead of 2022 SEMA Debut 220D03E3-BD9B-4FF4-9EFD-D25E60E14D22

Jeep Wrangler JL ⚡️ Mopar Teases New Jeep and RAM Concepts Ahead of 2022 SEMA Debut FCB597C2-FB41-42E0-9660-1DB0A24490EE
Sponsored