Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I can see the influence of the French designers in the first and the last vehicles above.

It works well on the new Jeeps IMO.
Jeep Wrangler JL ⚡️ 2024 Jeep Recon EV Revealed! (Off-Road Capable BEV) *** ⚠️ WARNING: NO POLITICS *** 1662646873146

Jeep Wrangler JL ⚡️ 2024 Jeep Recon EV Revealed! (Off-Road Capable BEV) *** ⚠️ WARNING: NO POLITICS *** 1662646828466

Jeep Wrangler JL ⚡️ 2024 Jeep Recon EV Revealed! (Off-Road Capable BEV) *** ⚠️ WARNING: NO POLITICS *** 1662646916335

These are some of the current designs already in the “French” lineup

Citroën C4
Jeep Wrangler JL ⚡️ 2024 Jeep Recon EV Revealed! (Off-Road Capable BEV) *** ⚠️ WARNING: NO POLITICS *** 1662646982934

Peugeot 308
Jeep Wrangler JL ⚡️ 2024 Jeep Recon EV Revealed! (Off-Road Capable BEV) *** ⚠️ WARNING: NO POLITICS *** 1662647145600

Opel Astra
Jeep Wrangler JL ⚡️ 2024 Jeep Recon EV Revealed! (Off-Road Capable BEV) *** ⚠️ WARNING: NO POLITICS *** 1662647217710

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
If you are someone that fills a Wrangler tank every 2 weeks, electric vs gas should not be an issue.

Sponsored

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Some states have rolling black/brownouts on hot days because of increased energy use, you think that's not a good case to upgrade already? That's without even more saturation from forcing people to go EV. We need infrastructure first, not going to work because you couldn't charge your car isn't going to go well I would think. It also takes a lot more work and time to upgrade every end of our grid, which is needed yesterday, not tomorrow.
Clearly it is a reason, and as I stated banning ICE is a really bad idea. I would hope those states are investing in upgrades, but the only one I am aware of is California, which also happens to be the one in the news for banning ICE so I wouldn't expect much from that particular state. I personally don't have any grid issues in my area, but I have also researched solar because I expect the demand to grow and I like the idea of a battery backup that isn't dependent on the local electric company

While you may think the infrastructure should come first. That just isn't the way things work unless it is mandated. Have you ever heard of a road system getting upgraded because they expect traffic to double in 10 years? I haven't, they talk about it, but no one will invest money until the demand is already there. Where I currently live they have been talking about the increased traffic due to expected population increase in the area for years, but nothing was done until the traffic became a nightmare. Now that enough people complain and the roads can't handle the massive growth in subdivisions, they finally started widening the main roads to four lanes. Of course that has been going on for a year and the extra lanes still aren't open.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Probably so. They could have increased the range on the 4xe though. 20 miles (give or take a few) is pathetic. And the MPG is horrible as well.
Wrangler mpg is horrible even in the non PHEV models, it's inefficient leaky body is why we like it.

Mpg and Wrangler should never be in the same sentence.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Clearly it is a reason, and as I stated banning ICE is a really bad idea. I would hope those states are investing in upgrades, but the only one I am aware of is California, which also happens to be the one in the news for banning ICE so I wouldn't expect much from that particular state. I personally don't have any grid issues in my area, but I have also researched solar because I expect the demand to grow and I like the idea of a battery backup that isn't dependent on the local electric company

While you may think the infrastructure should come first. That just isn't the way things work unless it is mandated. Have you ever heard of a road system getting upgraded because they expect traffic to double in 10 years? I haven't, they talk about it, but no one will invest money until the demand is already there. Where I currently live they have been talking about the increased traffic due to expected population increase in the area for years, but nothing was done until the traffic became a nightmare. Now that enough people complain and the roads can't handle the massive growth in subdivisions, they finally started widening the main roads to four lanes. Of course that has been going on for a year and the extra lanes still aren't open.
You would hope responsible cities would expand roadways before they are bursting but yes, I know what you mean. I can dream can't I? lol.

Sponsored

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
These are only going to be in 4dr right? I think I'd only consider getting one as a commuter if it came in a 2dr and the price isn't insane.
Good idea, problem is you need sufficient size to house the ginormous battery these things require. And am I the only one not comfortable with the Wrangler 4xe battery being directly under my children in the rear?

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Good idea, problem is you need sufficient size to house the ginormous battery these things require. And am I the only one not comfortable with the Wrangler 4xe battery being directly under my children in the rear?
I'm perfectly fine with the batteries being under your kids.
Sponsored