Sponsored

_oIIIIIIIo_

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
The whole EV thing is just a big joke on everyone. It's way more inefficient than ICE vehicles because MOST of the power is coming from fossil fuels to charge it. My electricity bill was over $1100 in August. God only knows what it would be if I had to charge our vehicles up every night...
One must ask… where the f*** do you live and how big is your house or property covered by this utility?!??

I’m in Indiana, 3400 sq ft home, I work at home so I’m constantly using energy, and I have a Wrangler 4xe I charge at least once a day. My highest electric bill EVER was $157. My average is $115.

If I was paying $1100 a month for electricity I’d be moving my @$$ to a new state.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
location?

Weekday home is in Crystal Lake, IL, Office is in West Dundee, IL... both Chicago suburbs about 40/45 miles northwest of the city.

Weekend home is in Port Washington, WI... a small town about 30 miles north of Milwaukee.

When they go up to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan , they take the Porsche. Every place else, including a couple of road trips on the bourbon trail in Kentucky, they take the Tesla.

Exactly…. If anything a combo ICE/Electric is the best solution at this point.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
One must ask… where the f*** do you live and how big is your house or property covered by this utility?!??

I’m in Indiana, 3400 sq ft home, I work at home so I’m constantly using energy, and I have a Wrangler 4xe I charge at least once a day. My highest electric bill EVER was $157. My average is $115.

If I was paying $1100 a month for electricity I’d be moving my @$$ to a new state.
Maybe we just have cheaper electricity in the Midwest... I keep hearing how expensive EVs are to charge from people on this site... But as I've stated elsewhere... my family has had the same experience as you... ~$7 a charge... my dad's range is 240 miles.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I hear some people say this Recon looks like the Ford Bronco. Why? Because it has full open air roof without a center cross bar? That's the only thing that it has in common.

To me it looks like a stretched Jeep Renegade with squared off headlights and it's doors off. That's what I see!

Jeep Wrangler JL ⚡️ 2024 Jeep Recon EV Revealed! (Off-Road Capable BEV) *** ⚠️ WARNING: NO POLITICS *** 2023-Jeep-Renegade-Trailhawk-1-scaled

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

The whole EV thing is just a big joke on everyone. It's way more inefficient than ICE vehicles because MOST of the power is coming from fossil fuels to charge it. My electricity bill was over $1100 in August. God only knows what it would be if I had to charge our vehicles up every night...
As it has been pointed out in multiple threads and responses here, ICE is considerably less efficient in every metric than a BEV. Even accounting for transmission loss in generation. FF generation is cleaner and more efficient than ICE. Solar and wind are now cheaper to build and maintain plants than methane generation is to maintain, and coal isn't even competitive at all now.

Sponsored

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
My argument with BEV’s isn’t the lower cost of ownership such as fuel and maintenance. It is with the overall impact to the environment vs a traditional ICE. Until we find a magical mine bringing forth untold riches of rare earth elements, an electricity supply that doesn’t rely on 90% good ol Dino juice, the fact seems to be BEV’s aren’t the holy grail they are trying to convince us of…
i really am so tired of the environmental argument. There are two reasons why you need to completely drop it in your quest to resist change.

#1 - it’s been proven wrong, EV’s actually have a smaller carbon footprint when you analyze the every single aspect of collection of resources, production, and then driving. At something like 50k miles, the additional impact from EV production is offset by the usage. This INCLUDES where the electric is coming from. It’s also not the 90% stat you pulled out of the encyclopedia of made up stats…..US electric sources are roughly 60.8% fossil fuel.

#2. You anti change/anti EV people are the only people argueing about environmental impact. Somehow, in 2022, you still think that EV owners and potential EV owners, are these delusional tree huggers that just want to save the planet….but they are too naive to realize that EV’s are just built on the backs of evil corporate mining companies. Evil mining companies that secretly pump all their slurry into prestine waterways feeding 3rd world farms and rainforests. But you know the real deal right? After your extensive research watching tiktok, reddit, youtube shorts, and clickbait articles written by bots, you know what’s up, and all those EV people are just ignorant sheep….

Do you want to know why people buy EV’s?
-less moving parts
-low cost of ownership
-silent
-less maintenance
-performance
-less time spent going to gas stations
-ev tax credits

do you what’s last on the list for most EV buyers? The environmental impact.

So please, lets drop the environmental impact arguement as to why EV’s are bad, not only are you all factually wrong, nobody even cares. Want proof that nobody cares? The only reason EV’s are even on the roadways now is because tesla had to build a sedan around a $60k battery pack, sell it $130k, and it had to blow the doors off $1m+ hypercars in order for anybody to buy them. Nobody even cared about EV’s until the $130k p85d started slaying v12 ferrari’s.

Last edited:

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
i really am so tired of the environmental argument. There are two reasons why you need to completely drop it in your quest to resist change.

#1 - it’s been proven wrong, EV’s actually have a smaller carbon footprint when you analyze the every single aspect of collection of resources, production, and then driving. At something like 50k miles, the additional impact from EV production is offset by the usage. This INCLUDES where the electric is coming from. It’s also not the 90% stat you pulled out of the encyclopedia of made up stats…..US electric sources are roughly 60.8% fossil fuel.

#2. You anti change/anti EV people are the only people argueing about environmental impact. Somehow, in 2022, you still think that EV owners and potential EV owners, are these delusional tree huggers that just want to save the planet….but they are too naive to realize that EV’s are just built on the backs of evil corporate mining companies. Evil mining companies that secretly pump all their slurry into prestine waterways feeding 3rd world farms and rainforests. But you know the real deal right? After your extensive research watching tiktok, reddit, youtube shorts, and clickbait articles written by bots, you know what’s up, and all those EV people are just ignorant sheep….

-less moving parts
-low cost of ownership
-silent
-less maintenance
-performance
-ev tax credits

So please, lets drop the environmental impact arguement as to why EV’s are bad, not only are you all factually wrong, nobody even cares.
Ok lets say all of what you stated is correct. We have a good idea of known oil reserves, with places unknown and untapped, and new deposits yet to be discovered, under the polar caps, Antartica, Greenland, etc. Not that we should go messing around there for oil, but sooner or later it'll be tapped. Now, how long do you think the worlds supply of lithium will last? Seeing as all modern electronics rely on it and now millions of vehicles will require a sh?tton of it, seeing as these car batteries can weigh 1000 lbs and up...not to mention we, and the world really, will be reliant on China to supply it, at least at present. And calm down, have a drink

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
ignorant sheep….

-less moving parts
-low cost of ownership
-silent
-less maintenance
-performance
-ev tax credits

So please, lets drop the environmental impact arguement as to why EV’s are bad, not only are you all factually wrong, nobody even cares.
It doesn't matter how many times you explain it, so many have just decided EV is some government plot to control them. You can provide all the evidence in the world and they will instead quote some obscure podcast as proof that EVs are evil. For me the performance alone is enough to consider an EV. If I could get an EV Corvette I would be on the waitlist today. On top of the performance if I could eliminate all trips to the gas station and oil changes I would be willing to pay more just for that convenience. Of course if I want to pull a trailer I am buying a diesel, but for the day to day commute an EV wins easily. I also like my Harley just the way it is with its loud exhaust and vibrations, but it isn't my daily driver and doesn't need to be any faster.

I saw a saying once, something along the lines of - those who don't like change are really going to hate irrelevance.

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Ok lets say all of what you stated is correct. We have a good idea of known oil reserves, with places unknown and untapped, and new deposits yet to be discovered, under the polar caps, Antartica, Greenland, etc. Not that we should go messing around there for oil, but sooner or later it'll be tapped. Now, how long do you think the worlds supply of lithium will last? Seeing as all modern electronics rely on it and now millions of vehicles will require a sh?tton of it, seeing as these car batteries can weigh 1000 lbs and up...not to mention we, and the world really, will be reliant on China to supply it, at least at present. And calm down, have a drink
I don’t know, it requires reading numerous case study’s to answer that. I have a feeling you don’t know either.

I’m not actually angry, it’s more like…. a bill burr rant but not as funny

if you’ve never heard a bill burr rant, here’s the funniest rant of all time, in the history of mankind

damnit, age restricted, just search for “bill burr philly rant”

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
I don’t know, it requires reading numerous case study’s to answer that. I have a feeling you don’t know either.

I’m not actually angry, it’s more like…. a bill burr rant but not as funny

if you’ve never heard a bill burr rant, here’s the funniest rant of all time, in the history of mankind

damnit, age restricted, just search for “bill burr philly rant”
We can agree on that he is quite entertaining. Now if you want an odd type of comedy, look up Anthony Jeselnik...

Reactions: AFD

Sponsored

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Does the US have any lithium on our soil or will we be 100% dependent on foreign supply? Yeah, that isn't good.

And certain states telling people when they can charge their evs, other power companies locking thermostats in homes, the electric vehicle will be quite easy to control.

We all see the sci fi movies with all of their warnings, we watch and say why would they do that? Yet we do that.

Cool. Let's go full throttle with the AI now and get it over with.

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Does the US have any lithium on our soil or will we be 100% dependent on foreign supply? Yeah, that isn't good.

And certain states telling people when they can charge their evs, other power companies locking thermostats in homes, the electric vehicle will be quite easy to control.

We all see the sci fi movies with all of their warnings, we watch and say why would they do that? Yet we do that.

Cool. Let's go full throttle with the AI now and get it over with.
Being reliant on foreign sources is a valid concern, but there is a small amount in the US. Unfortunately we are going to be heavily dependent on others for anything battery powered. Which is a good reason to diversify and not force one specific option.

Again an EV is no harder to control than any other modern vehicle. Unless you are running vintage vehicles and own your own fuel reserves, your gas vehicle isn't any safer from a rogue government takeover.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Stays set at 68. just a 2400 sq foot house. I have a few servers and a few e-bikes but not much else.
Sponsored