Sponsored

The Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.0L
:like:

I served both in the Army and then RAF.

1986-1990 - 16/5th Queens Royal Lancers - Recce - CVR(T)
1991 - 2000 - RAF, Armourer (AW Tech) - 1(F) SQN (was then Harriers GR3/5/7), 5131 Bomb Disposal Sqn (CMD, EOD)

N Ireland
GW1
Kosovo\Bosnia

Long story with the swap but apart from EOD, enjoyed the Army much more, should of stayed in and missed out on the conversion to Chally 2!

Stint in IT after serving, now back on a RAF camp doing BCU (Airfield Wildlife Management\Bird Control Unit) preventing bird strikes. Had your P8's in last year, got one P8 in without incident having had to fire 15 bird scaring carts to get her landed safely when the 'gulls' were moving across the threshold at dusk!
Sponsored

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500

1991 - 2000 - RAF, Armourer (AW Tech) - 1(F) SQN (was then Harriers GR3/5/7), 5131 Bomb Disposal Sqn (CMD, EOD)

N Ireland
GW1
Kosovo\Bosnia

Long story with the swap but apart from EOD, enjoyed the Army much more, should of stayed in and missed out on the conversion to Chally 2!

Stint in IT after serving, now back on a RAF camp doing BCU (Airfield Wildlife Management\Bird Control Unit) preventing bird strikes. Had your P8's in last year, got one P8 in without incident having had to fire 15 bird scaring carts to get her landed safely when the 'gulls' were moving across the threshold at dusk!
Welcome brother. I am a 20 year veteran of US Army EOD. Fire in the Hole!

mark203

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys XR
Clubs

[...snip...]
I got to play with the CVR(T) during an exchange with the Blues and Royals in 1980. (I was in the 82nd Airborne at the time). Quite the sight going down the motorway keeping up with traffic on the way to Salisbury Plain Training Area.

Rocket_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU

N Ireland
GW1
Kosovo\Bosnia

I got to work with the RAF while stationed at Eielson AFB, Alaska. The Brits are the only foreign military I'll go to war with and let them stand behind me.

Sponsored

Patriot1776

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's in Sarge Green
Currently Serving US Navy Chief,
How long have I been in the Navy?? If you can answer that we are a special breed of brothers or sisters.⚓

-Construction Mechanic(Seabee) 2005-2016, CM1

-Master At Arms 2016 until I retire in about 5 years, MAC

Deployments to Ramadi Iraq 2008-2009 2MEF/2Anglico Military Transition Team.

Stationed in Sicily in support of NATO missions in Libya.

Currently over in that area of the world fulfilling a wonderful 18 month tour away from the wife and kids.

If Anyone ever needs a listening ear or some support, hit me up. My friends and I have a page for helping brothers and sisters through whatever they may have going on(not necessarily PTSD only stuff).

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Welcome to the group Chief.

MyWyomingJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
Occupation
USAF Retired
Sorry for your pain brother. When I went to MEPS they were pushing hard to get me to take a missile maintenance afsc. I kept telling them no and eventually entered with an 'open electronics' trying for aircraft maintenance. At basic I was pulled out of flight to go meet with some MSgt interviewing me for a missile maintenance position. This was just over 6 month since then missile explosion at Little Rock. The MSgt looking through my records asks about my seasonal allergies and my reactions with the allergies. After telling him how bad they are he tapped his pencil on the desk for like 15-20 seconds and tells me he was disquailifying me for the position and to go rejoin my flight. As I'm leaving I had the biggest grin on my face and saying hallelujah under my breathe! :CWL:
I was stationed at Little Rock, worked on Huey’s supporting the 308th Strategic Missile Wing when the Titan II exploded outside of Damascus Arkansas. Lot of people never heard of it. My wife was in facility maintenance and worked on the Silo’s. Boy does that bring back some memories! USAF HH-1H 70-2484.

Jeep Wrangler JL ♠ MILITARY CHAT ♠ ACTIVE | RESERVE | RETIRED | VETERAN ♠ 3B420130-C14C-49AF-8FED-EE90CB9C40B6

Rocket_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I was stationed at Little Rock, worked on Huey’s supporting the 308th Strategic Missile Wing when the Titan II exploded outside of Damascus Arkansas. Lot of people never heard of it. My wife was in facility maintenance and worked on the Silo’s. Boy does that bring back some memories! USAF HH-1H 70-2484.

Jeep Wrangler JL ♠ MILITARY CHAT ♠ ACTIVE | RESERVE | RETIRED | VETERAN ♠ 3B420130-C14C-49AF-8FED-EE90CB9C40B6
a Titan II blew up at Vandenberg.....there's a hill on that base where nothing grows.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Army 18 series here. Did an enlistment and a re-up, then got out. Still in the game doing other things now. Wouldnt trade my team time for anything.

Al G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU
23 years in the Army. Field Artillery branch but also lots of time in non-artillery staff positions. Spent time in Wiesbaden, Germany; Ft. Knox, KY; USMA, West Point, NY; Ft. Richardson, AK; and the Pentagon. Also school time at Ft. Sill, OK; Ft. Leavenworth, KS and U of A in Tucson, AZ. Weapon systems included Lance missile, 155 mm SP howitzer and 105 mm towed howitzer. Retired in 2001.
Sponsored