Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
And the funny thing is they were probably op-checking the projector to setup for a safety stand down, :CWL:

dbb652dcbd91f0ff0deac129ec1302c9.jpg
I always hated safety briefs :angry: That one dumbass will do whatever he or she wants. No briefing is going to stop them.

I got even with one of those dumbasses one time. He did a bunch of stupid shit, then came to me for "help". He was such a pain in the ass to his unit and always got out of any punishment. Well, he totally fucked up one night and at 0300 shows up at the ER claiming to be suicidal. So I ordered all the labs. And they came back positive for pot. Well, you can't "punish" a soldier for seeking mental health. Ok, yes, I agree. But this guy was truly an asshole! So, when I had to brief the Commander, I suggested that Monday morning might be a really good time to do a 100% drug screen :like:
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I always hated safety briefs :angry: That one dumbass will do whatever he or she wants. No briefing is going to stop them.

I got even with one of those dumbasses one time. He did a bunch of stupid shit, then came to me for "help". He was such a pain in the ass to his unit and always got out of any punishment. Well, he totally fucked up one night and at 0300 shows up at the ER claiming to be suicidal. So I ordered all the labs. And they came back positive for pot. Well, you can't "punish" a soldier for seeking mental health. Ok, yes, I agree. But this guy was truly an asshole! So, when I had to brief the Commander, I suggested that Monday morning might be a really good time to do a 100% drug screen :like:
Ah yes, the "Unit Sweep" I had to administer a few of those before. A total pain and I didn't even catch anyone! lol

I had one of my Marines fail the breathalyzer while he was the Duty NCO though... that was a long day.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
So what are you guys doing tomorrow? I'm taking care of my husband lol. It's amazing how surgeries are now. Yesterday morning at 1030, he was getting a total hip replacement and today at 1530, we were home. In a few months, we go back to get the other side done.

Enjoy your holiday!

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
So what are you guys doing tomorrow? I'm taking care of my husband lol. It's amazing how surgeries are now. Yesterday morning at 1030, he was getting a total hip replacement and today at 1530, we were home. In a few months, we go back to get the other side done.

Enjoy your holiday!
Just gonna hang out here in Minnesota. You have a great holiday too!

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
@GreyFox

Hope he recovers fast. For your sake. Have a happy 4th.

Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
I'm trying to plan a full trip starting in Norfolk, going to Wilmington, then Mobile, then Houston, then L.A., then to Fall River (might as well see Constitution while I'm there, too), then down to Camden. Heck, I live 2 hours from both New Jersey and Wisconsin, I could take 2 weekend trips to hit them.

I've already been on Missouri, so if I can pull that road trip off, I'll have been on every one of the remaining US BBs, as well as the only remaining dreadnought in the world (Battleship Texas).

Good luck on your road trip. I remember being on the USS Missouri back in 1987. I was working in Istanbul, Turkey when it docked there. A magnificent piece of history.....being able to see the location that the Japanese signed their unconditional surrender after World War II. Few other ships possess those BIG Guns. What a mighty ship and to see her sailing in all her might and glory was a treat.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
It seems like every General in the Air Force wants to drop the A-10 entirely.
I have great love for the A-10......having called for CAS and they have reliably suppressed our foes. Every time it Scared the life out of me.....but by luck or great skill of the pilot....we were never hurt. They REALLY need to keep that aircraft around as I don’t know of any other aircraft that can do what it does.

It’s like a Jeep Rubicon ...in the sky. It’s not the fastest....or it doesn’t carry the most ordinance, but no other aircraft can do what it does as good as it does it

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My first Jeep experience: US Army 1980.......
Real Jeeps....No doors, No top, No heat or air con, No power steering or power brakes.
Manual transmission.......and an M-60 machine gun......just in case.
BDU’s and Kevlar helmets were not even developed yet.

But the Jeep....yes I learned to love it.
Longest relationships I have had in my life: Guns and Jeeps.
284D962B-BBC1-42CD-BA88-2B4090ADC6F6.jpeg

geospyder

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Mo" 2019 Mojito 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Curious - in civies as active duty or as a veteran, do you salute the flag during the national anthem or remove your cap and place your hand over your heart?

I was given an "attitude" by a veteran about saluting the flag during the national anthem last night at a baseball game. His attitude changed after I showed him a copy of the "A provision of the 2009 Defense Authorization Act changed federal law to allow U.S.veterans and military personnel not in uniform to render the military hand-salute when the national anthem is played." - thanks Google :)

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Curious - in civies as active duty or as a veteran, do you salute the flag during the national anthem or remove your cap and place your hand over your heart?

I was given an "attitude" by a veteran about saluting the flag during the national anthem last night at a baseball game. His attitude changed after I showed him a copy of the "A provision of the 2009 Defense Authorization Act changed federal law to allow U.S.veterans and military personnel not in uniform to render the military hand-salute when the national anthem is played." - thanks Google :)
I do the hand over the heart. Was not aware of the veteran salute thing.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Same.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL

Yes always salute. At least that's what the Army taught me. And why did he even care? I mean, you were showing respect/honor, not talking or kneeling.:headbang:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I have great love for the A-10......having called for CAS and they have reliably suppressed our foes. Every time it Scared the life out of me.....but by luck or great skill of the pilot....we were never hurt. They REALLY need to keep that aircraft around as I don’t know of any other aircraft that can do what it does.

It’s like a Jeep Rubicon ...in the sky. It’s not the fastest....or it doesn’t carry the most ordinance, but no other aircraft can do what it does as good as it does it
Fully agree!

TimothyFS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Reached my highes level of incompetence - Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'm new to this forum and jeep ownership itself, and saw this thread.I'm a Vietnam Veteran 11B 1st/327th 101st Airborne.
I just purchased a 2019 Wrangler Sport S in Bikini Pearl. I live in Arizona that has some wonderful roads and am looking
forward to getting out on them. Welcome Home Brothers, and Thank You for your service.
TimRFTW.jpg
Sponsored