Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Oh, let's not mention how California is sucking rivers dry, from other states, how their once lush Hills are now dry tinder for wildfires, their streams are dry, and how their aquifers are drained. Oh, but look at their major towns, over populated, and pleading for more water to be diverted from other states resources, to satisfy their bottomless never satisfied thirst.
Oh, it must be the Almond Growers fault. Wake up people!!!
Oh, and gasoline and diesel engines are bad for the environment??
Hypocrisy. You've got to love it.
I'll repeat. Our "overpopulated" cities consume 10% of the water in California. Texas has about 4 times as many farms as California, yet California far outproduces Texas and any other state in the country in terms of agricultural output.

People living in their "underpopulated" towns, especially further north, wont say no to eating tomatoes on winter, or peppers, or their infamous almond milk.

Everyone is eating food from all over the world grown in California all year long. But it is us, California residents, that have to pay the price of the insatiable american apetite?

Farming in California does use the majority of water, not the cities. If other americans wanna keep eating almonds, peaches, raisins, whatever... then they're gonna have to find a way to bring water to our state. We live here. There is enough water to support us, but apparently we, almost alone have to feed the country. you wake up.
Sponsored

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
I'll repeat. Our "overpopulated" cities consume 10% of the water in California. Texas has about 4 times as many farms as California, yet California far outproduces Texas and any other state in the country in terms of agricultural output.

People living in their "underpopulated" towns, especially further north, wont say no to eating tomatoes on winter, or peppers, or their infamous almond milk.

Everyone is eating food from all over the world grown in California all year long. But it is us, California residents, that have to pay the price of the insatiable american apetite?

Farming in California does use the vast majority of water, not the cities. If other americans wanna keep eating almonds, peaches, raisins, whatever... then they're gonna have to find a way to bring water to our state. We live here. There is enough water to support us, but apparently we, almost alone have to feed the country. you wake up.

And yet

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/california-regulator-rejects-plan-desalination-plant-2022-05-13/

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red

We live here. There is enough water to support us, but apparently we, almost alone have to feed the country. you wake up.

🤔
Haahahahaha! Not for much longer. I wonder how many tomatoes, peppers, and veggies can be grown with solar and wind energy?? Once other states shut off your water, and make California fend for themselves, then California will cease to be an agricultural powerhouse. Florida seems to do a pretty good job of taking care of themselves. Why do other states have to keep bailing out California, with their water???
Yep, California was once a great place to live.. Now it seems my area is seeing more and more Californians move in lately.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
🤔
Haahahahaha! Not for much longer. I wonder how many tomatoes, peppers, and veggies can be grown with solar and wind energy?? Once other states shut off your water, and make California fend for themselves, then California will cease to be an agricultural powerhouse. Florida seems to do a pretty good job of taking care of themselves. Why do other states have to keep bailing out California, with their water???
Yep, California was once a great place to live.. Now it seems my area is seeing more and more Californians move in lately.

lol relax. I didn't mean it as a competitive statement. That's great, if other states start feeding America then we can seriously cut on water usage here.

And as of those leaving the state, which I don't even know why you bring that up. Good for them seriously. They were able to cash out on their homes which became absurdly valuable and have now what they always wanted somewhere where they are not being taxed to death. It is great they have the freedom to do something like that. If they can't afford to live here, why would they? and less people constantly complaining here about how expensive everything is and how they cant afford anything, blah blah blah. Gets really old. I'd move too if I was them, in a heartbeat.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
lol relax. I didn't mean it as a competitive statement. That's great, if other states start feeding America then we can seriously cut on water usage here.

And as of those leaving the state, which I don't even know why you bring that up. Good for them seriously. They were able to cash out on their homes which became absurdly valuable and have now what they always wanted somewhere where they are not being taxed to death. It is great they have the freedom to do something like that. If they can't afford to live here, why would they? and less people constantly complaining here about how expensive everything is and how they cant afford anything, blah blah blah. Gets really old. I'd move too if I was them, in a heartbeat.
My wife, and her family are from Santa Clarita, and moved many years ago, to Texas. Some still live there. It has changed quite.a.lot, in the past 20 years that I have been visiting. Just seems arid and dry, all the time now. It didn't used to be that way. Overpopulation seems to be the big issue.

Sponsored

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I can’t wait, EV’s are better in every way except not being able to dump liquid energy into it in minutes.

Vehicle souls were already destroyed with torque management, electric steering, electric throttle, canbus, and an automatic trans in everything. If I wanted a car with a soul and I’d buy something older.

Plus off roading with doors off in EV mode is the greatest thing ever.
I kind of have to agree, although for me it was all the sensors. When I bought my Tacoma I couldn’t stand all the sensors beeping at me. Same thing with my girls subaru. Beeping if your too close to something, beeping if it thinks you’re off lane, beeping for everything. Drives me insane. I miss when cars would let you drive your own vehicle.

docmac

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe
Those who say the current infrastructure cannot handle a future predominated by EV's should recall the days before gasoline-powered vehicles, when "fuel" meant coal and wood. In those days there was no gas station network to support the future of gasoline vehicles. By their logic, we should have stuck to fueling up our vehicles with shovels. At the time the Model T was first produced, the first gas station was only 3 years old, and gas was "pumped" by store clerks carrying 5 gallon cans from behind the store to pour into customer tanks. But somehow, demand resulted in a supply of nationwide gas stations, sometimes now with one every corner of an intersection. I predict that we'll see a similar response from industry to a growing need for electricity supply and grid.

MJDJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara
It is the future and in the long run the best thing for the planet. Battery technology will continue to improve (range, recharge time, cycles, etc.) Think about today's modern ICE compared to a Ford Model A, 20hp, top speed of a whopping 40mph... I just wonder if someone has invented an undercarriage speaker system to reproduce the sound of a good exhaust... :)
no way are they better for the planet. Ever see a lithium mine? You can’t recycle batteries so that is toxic landfill. Batteries wear out, you HAVE to buy a new vehicle since the price of the vehicle is the battery. EV has a long way to go, IMO.

Sponsored

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Those who say the current infrastructure cannot handle a future predominated by EV's should recall the days before gasoline-powered vehicles, when "fuel" meant coal and wood. In those days there was no gas station network to support the future of gasoline vehicles. By their logic, we should have stuck to fueling up our vehicles with shovels. At the time the Model T was first produced, the first gas station was only 3 years old, and gas was "pumped" by store clerks carrying 5 gallon cans from behind the store to pour into customer tanks. But somehow, demand resulted in a supply of nationwide gas stations, sometimes now with one every corner of an intersection. I predict that we'll see a similar response from industry to a growing need for electricity supply and grid.
I secretly snicker at the “but the grid can’t handle it” crowd.

We have been installing, modifying, and upgrading utility services for centuries now.

Not only did the model T not have gas stations…..we barely even had roads!

Upgrading our electric grid gradually over the course of 20 years to handle EV charging, which will primarily be at night, during off peak hours where the grid has a ton of head room……is a hysterical joke compared to what we have done in the past.

Our society would collapse if we don’t have electric or our personal transportation. We may not do well being proactive, but we don’t screw around when we have to be reactive.

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
no way are they better for the planet. Ever see a lithium mine? You can’t recycle batteries so that is toxic landfill. Batteries wear out, you HAVE to buy a new vehicle since the price of the vehicle is the battery. EV has a long way to go, IMO.
The argument is incredibly old and debunked. Yes an electric car does typically have a higher carbon footprint to manufacture, but it is somewhat quickly offset. We are talking full breakdown of the entire manufacturing process of gasoline, cars, batteries, source of electric, etc etc etc.

You have to remember, that a gallon of gasoline contains 33kwh of raw energy in it. We have cars doing over 300 miles of driving with 100kwh batteries.

The electric cars are just built to be more efficient because that’s the only way they are viable as a full EV.

The wrangler 4xe is a perfect example of what happens if you slap a battery and a motor into an existing car that gets 20mpg. 25 miles of range for 18kwh. Only 1.3 miles per kwh, vs other electric cars that get 3 or more miles per kwh.

It’s alot more complicated than “lithium mines are bad”

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
This latest off-topic divergence has reminded me. My yard needs mowing. It is very tall, lush, green, and very well watered. Oh, I will be using a gas powered lawn mower, weed trimmer, and leaf blower.

You will be using your gas powered tools For Now. I went to get a new power head for my yard combo recently. Nope— electric small tools only, gas ones Banned!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The argument is incredibly old and debunked. Yes an electric car does typically have a higher carbon footprint to manufacture, but it is somewhat quickly offset. We are talking full breakdown of the entire manufacturing process of gasoline, cars, batteries, source of electric, etc etc etc.

You have to remember, that a gallon of gasoline contains 33kwh of raw energy in it. We have cars doing over 300 miles of driving with 100kwh batteries.

The electric cars are just built to be more efficient because that’s the only way they are viable as a full EV.

The wrangler 4xe is a perfect example of what happens if you slap a battery and a motor into an existing car that gets 20mpg. 25 miles of range for 18kwh. Only 1.3 miles per kwh, vs other electric cars that get 3 or more miles per kwh.

It’s alot more complicated than “lithium mines are bad”
100kwh. Thats crazy. Batteries have come such a long way. Probably same to assume these batteries are just gonna keep getting cheaper and eventually EV are gonna become a no brainer.

I am not for one or the other. ICE vehicles have become way cleaner and efficient too through the years. And the efficiency-oriented sedans with 4bangers can get crazy good MPG.

It is cool to see the automobile industry evolve.

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
100kwh. Thats crazy. Batteries have come such a long way. Probably same to assume these batteries are just gonna keep getting cheaper and eventually EV are gonna become a no brainer.
if you run the numbers on cost of ownership, combined with the federal and state tax credits, it’s almost already a no-brainer.

Like everybody who bought a new loaded wrangler unlimited instead of a 4xe in the last 2 years made a poor decision provable using math. (Except a 392, which is actually a better vehicle if cost is not a factor and we can’t make assumptions on the value of the motor to a person)

btw the new hummer EV has a 200+ kwh battery!
Sponsored