“Service Stop/Start System” after regearing

jjc

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not yet
I have a 2018 JLUR 6-Speed. I put a lift and 37” tires on, and reprogrammed with Tazer JL with no problem. Then I had it regeared to 4.88 and set that with the Tazer. Now, whenever I go to 5th or 6th gear, the “Service Stop/Start System” message comes on. Z Automotive has instructions on how to relearn top gear, which I’ve done, but it’s still happening.

Anyone else having this problem after regearing a manual transmission? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,
Justin
Sponsored

snowd0gg

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I have a 2018 JLUR 6-Speed. I put a lift and 37” tires on, and reprogrammed with Tazer JL with no problem. Then I had it regeared to 4.88 and set that with the Tazer. Now, whenever I go to 5th or 6th gear, the “Service Stop/Start System” message comes on. Z Automotive has instructions on how to relearn top gear, which I’ve done, but it’s still happening.

Anyone else having this problem after regearing a manual transmission? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,
Justin
I just had my 2018 JLU lifted 2" and had 35 put on it. Everything is flawless except now the ESS sometimes will give me the warning light saying it's unavailable. The message panel just says "Service Start/Stop System" as yours does.

I didn't re-gear anything but I believe they did have to reprogram for the speedometer. I haven't noticed yet when it comes on - like only after reaching a certain speed or gear, etc. I'll have to look for that. But just wondered since it sounds like a similar issue to yours. Anyone else run into this?

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
A sporadic issue perhaps? I have a 2" lift with 35s, Tazer JL with ESS disabled. I've never seen any warning light, etc regarding anything including ESS.

gts

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR