“Service Axle Locker System” Light On

RubiDale

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I bought a set of D44s from the dealer for $1995 for the rear and $2395 for the front. There was a discount in there but it wasn't a massive discount.
That’s very surprising to me.
Sponsored

andwew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 98
This just happened to me. Dealership said that oil is leaking on the locker modulator from a worn seam... only way to fix is a new axle. Covered by the warranty so i guess there are worse things :(

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Jeep went in on August 10, told I needed a new front axle and have been waiting since. Now the paint on the door is bubbling, about 1"x3". Yea

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Oh, my locker has started to malfunction again. Sorry I forgot to update this thread. I have a trip planned this week, so I'll disconnect the wiring. This will be the 4th axle to go in if Jeep stays true to past history. All because they didn't properly seal the sensor.

Mud2Sno

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
My 2018 JLUR has been in the shop for 9 weeks and they have replaced the front axle, wire harness and controller. I was given a star case and even had a engineer from FCA went to the dealer and now the suspect it is the rear axle (backordered) I also did try the Z-locker fix and that didn't work for my case. Hopefully when rear is replaced it will work.... fingers crossed.

Erac78

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
Our 2020 JLUR just had the rear axle lock light come on today while driving down the road in 2H. We stopped, turned it off and back on and it cleared, then tonight it came on again. I guess we'll be going in for service next week, only 5k miles on the jeep. It's unbelievable that they've had this issue since the JL was introduced and have apparently not yet fixed the faulty axles. I'd think the cost of replacing so many of the things alone would justify introducing a fix. Can't wait for this to be a thing we have to do who knows how often now.

neeesack

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Our 2020 JLUR just had the rear axle lock light come on today while driving down the road in 2H. We stopped, turned it off and back on and it cleared, then tonight it came on again. I guess we'll be going in for service next week, only 5k miles on the jeep. It's unbelievable that they've had this issue since the JL was introduced and have apparently not yet fixed the faulty axles. I'd think the cost of replacing so many of the things alone would justify introducing a fix. Can't wait for this to be a thing we have to do who knows how often now.
I took mine in 9/30 and I'm waiting for them to confirm the diagnosis of the solenoid and then they're waiting for authorization to order a new rear axle. I'm worried about it happening again on the new rear axle and not having my jeep for weeks...

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I took mine in 9/30 and I'm waiting for them to confirm the diagnosis of the solenoid and then they're waiting for authorization to order a new rear axle. I'm worried about it happening again on the new rear axle and not having my jeep for weeks...
I was wondering why this thread had fell silent but alas, FCA didn't let us down... lol. As I read your post I was once again reminded of the lunacy of this issue... "waiting for dealer to confirm bad solenoid... so they can replace the axle".
You are right to be concerned that this can fail AGAIn in teh new axle as many have found (I think one guy is on his 3rd or 4th axle) but don't borrow worry. Personally, if you are handy, you can open the new axle and take the solenoid out and seal it up good or if it fails just get the Z Automotive harness.

Sponsored

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
I was wondering why this thread had fell silent but alas, FCA didn't let us down... lol. As I read your post I was once again reminded of the lunacy of this issue... "waiting for dealer to confirm bad solenoid... so they can replace the axle".
You are right to be concerned that this can fail AGAIn in teh new axle as many have found (I think one guy is on his 3rd or 4th axle) but don't borrow worry. Personally, if you are handy, you can open the new axle and take the solenoid out and seal it up good or if it fails just get the Z Automotive harness.
I’m headed in to the dealer to surrender my JLUR tomorrow morning. I’m 2 Z-lockers into it and although they seemed to fix things for a day or so I’m now listening to message bells chiming and looking at service lights glowing and my off road pages showing full locked up axles while driving in 2H. The lockers remain mechanically fully functional. I’m disgusted.

Mud2Sno

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
newest update: dealer called and said jeep is ready to pickup (11 weeks at dealer) get there and check underneath and have new front and rear axles (due to time at dealer I was given a star case and they also sent out a engineer from FCA to look at jeep. while at dealer I check lockers and they still dont work.....WTF. center display say it is locking but doesn't show locked and off road pages shows it lock (never shows unlocked) when in 2wd and lights on locker switch front/rear blink but wont go solid and rear only has no lights.....

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
newest update: dealer called and said jeep is ready to pickup (11 weeks at dealer) get there and check underneath and have new front and rear axles (due to time at dealer I was given a star case and they also sent out a engineer from FCA to look at jeep. while at dealer I check lockers and they still dont work.....WTF. center display say it is locking but doesn't show locked and off road pages shows it lock (never shows unlocked) when in 2wd and lights on locker switch front/rear blink but wont go solid and rear only has no lights.....
So... just to be clear... are your saying that after both axles were replaced the dash lights / off road pages are still messed up?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
This is the problem in that it's not always that sensor that is bad. There are a few other things it can be but MOSt of the time it is that sensor.
Sponsored