Sponsored

“Service Axle Locker System” Light On

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I plugged in the ZAuto harness today in the rear. Light went away and I was excited. Tried both lockers, they worked. Turned them off and then had blinking lights ;(. Turn off vehicle and back on, no lights. But that is annoying. Anyone else have this issue? If I have to live with that, it means after I use the locker once, it’s going to blink at me the rest of the day wheeling??
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I plugged in the ZAuto harness today in the rear. Light went away and I was excited. Tried both lockers, they worked. Turned them off and then had blinking lights ;(. Turn off vehicle and back on, no lights. But that is annoying. Anyone else have this issue? If I have to live with that, it means after I use the locker once, it’s going to blink at me the rest of the day wheeling??
Reach out to Z Automotive and let them know. You can only email them at [email protected] but they will get back to you in a day or two and walk you through any problems.

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
I had this same issue. I wasn’t sure if the harness wasn’t fixing the issue in regards to the dash lights or if perhaps the front locker was bunk too... I’ve got a 2nd harness on order to cover both front and rear and then I’ll Give a report on how things behave.

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
My 2nd harness won’t arrive for a couple days. Let me know how yours turns out. I love my Jeep but I can do with out all it’s FCA electronic junk.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just adding to the list to help get @JeepCares FCA to recall the Locker solenoids. The service axle lockers message and icon have come and gone for about 1 month. The Uconnect System Offroad pages show front and rear lockers engaged while doing 65 mph. Meanwhile, at the same time the dash graphics show no lockers engaged. Lockers will still physically engage / disengage despite idiot lights and service warnings I purchased the Z-locker harness and installed it on the rear locker but it did not fix the issue. I moved it to the front locker and still no fix. I ordered a 2nd Z-Locker with the hopes that with both front and rear z-lockers installed that this problem will be resolved. In the meantime I have disconnected both front and rear oem locker harnesses as a precautionary measure. My jeep is still under warranty but i have not contacted the dealer yet because i dont want to hassle with the myriad of "try this and come back routines" when it appears that the only remedy is a complete axle replace and no official word that the new axles would have a new re-engineered solenoid that doesnt get contaminated. Hoping that FCA can address this issue within the next month or so....

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg
Hi there, our team would be happy to assist you in this concern. Please send us a private message once you have a dealer appointment scheduled, and we will ensure that this is resolved for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Sponsored

RubiDale

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hi there, our team would be happy to assist you in this concern. Please send us a private message once you have a dealer appointment scheduled, and we will ensure that this is resolved for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares
I'm still waiting on my axle as well, I'm not excited about replacing the whole axle assembly to fix this minor problem.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm still waiting on my axle as well, I'm not excited about replacing the whole axle assembly to fix this minor problem.
Hi there,
We were just able to respond to your private message. Please follow up there for further assistance.

Kathryn
JeepCares

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Follow Up Report.... Installed BOTH front and rear OEM Z-Locker harnesses. The Dash service locker warning icons, the flashing locker switch light and the Service Lockers message all turned off... Rear & Rear/Front Lockers appear to engage and disengage and function as they should. Offroad pages accurately displays locker status as does the dash view. I drove the Jeep for 30 mins and again tested the lockers and all continues to function as it should. I am hopeful that Z-Automotive has successfully remedied this faulty engineering FCA JLR locker issue.

Sincere Thank You to Z-Automotive for getting a solution out to us... You had the parts in stock and delivered in 3 days. Fantastic!

And in regards to FCAs stress inducing solution and absolutely dismal wait time for service to replace both front and rear axles.... Well..... Never Mind... I’ll just fix it myself with the Z-Locker harnesses and go Jeeping. Cheers, WildBlue

Jeep Wrangler JL “Service Axle Locker System” Light On 229E8BA4-7A08-4A3A-A77B-E1B9A9244251

Jeep Wrangler JL “Service Axle Locker System” Light On 976462F4-0011-4519-B045-2E8A4B7D592A

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Shut your pie hole about keeping your JK ;)

Yeah, I have dampness on the plug at the housing on both Jeeps. That really doesn't seem to be an issue, its the part inside that is causing all the problems.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Too lazy to search. Is there a way to “make this public”? Or an official channel to complain and document all the failures? Would this classify as a NHSTA type recall scenario?

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
DO NOT use brake cleaner on those plugs. That stuff is too harsh, contact cleaner is best carb cleaner would be second best.
That's what I did and put everything back together (not with Z fix but I had another solenoid I used) and everything has been fine.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Too lazy to search. Is there a way to “make this public”? Or an official channel to complain and document all the failures? Would this classify as a NHSTA type recall scenario?
To lazy to reply.
Sponsored