“Service Axle Locker System” Light On

97redjeep

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, slightly modded 97 TJ, 2018 Power Wagon, 99 2500 24V
First time poster here, long time jeep owner, purchased a new JLUR about a month ago for the wife, on the way home from the dealership, about 150km drive, we stopped on the way for a BS out of excitement and she asked what this light on the dash was, it had came on 10 min after we left the dealer (When we stopped it had roughly 90km on it). I wasn’t sure what or why until I found this forum (thanks for all the awesome info) took it back day before yesterday and what do you know, front diff assembly needs to be replaced, they told me weeks to get one in , I was a little annoyed but what do you do, went and talked to my salesman and vented a bit and headed home, 10 minutes later get a call from him that new diff would be there the next day, he went and roasted the parts guy and found one in Edmonton I believe he said. Rambling over, it should be fixed today and pick it up, hopefully this will be resolved. Has anyone who had to get the diff swapped had a reoccurrence or are the new ones updated? I absolutely love this JL and am really hoping this isn’t a mile my Jeep out taking it in for warranty rig lol

6CD954C3-7ECC-4EBB-B350-EA5B69A0F725.jpeg

C9A52264-2751-4C00-B0CE-63BD3F97BCD9.jpeg
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
First time poster here, long time jeep owner, purchased a new JLUR about a month ago for the wife, on the way home from the dealership, about 150km drive, we stopped on the way for a BS out of excitement and she asked what this light on the dash was, it had came on 10 min after we left the dealer (When we stopped it had roughly 90km on it). I wasn’t sure what or why until I found this forum (thanks for all the awesome info) took it back day before yesterday and what do you know, front diff assembly needs to be replaced, they told me weeks to get one in , I was a little annoyed but what do you do, went and talked to my salesman and vented a bit and headed home, 10 minutes later get a call from him that new diff would be there the next day, he went and roasted the parts guy and found one in Edmonton I believe he said. Rambling over, it should be fixed today and pick it up, hopefully this will be resolved. Has anyone who had to get the diff swapped had a reoccurrence or are the new ones updated? I absolutely love this JL and am really hoping this isn’t a mile my Jeep out taking it in for warranty rig lol

6CD954C3-7ECC-4EBB-B350-EA5B69A0F725.jpeg

C9A52264-2751-4C00-B0CE-63BD3F97BCD9.jpeg
OK, for starters you gotta speak English... like mph and not km... you notherners... geesh ;)

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I think you get the prize for it happening the fastest. Sadly, there is just as much a chance your new axle will have the same problem. Many on here have had repeat problems.
Good news is you can fix it yourself with the Z Automotive harness. I know, not what you want to hear on a $55k vehicle... or like $350k in Canadian pesos.

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Jeep Wrangler JL “Service Axle Locker System” Light On C9A52264-2751-4C00-B0CE-63BD3F97BCD9

Jeep Wrangler JL “Service Axle Locker System” Light On C9A52264-2751-4C00-B0CE-63BD3F97BCD9
I have a 2018 JL and my light started coming on earlier this year. Had the axle swapped in June under warranty. Light came back on the next day, intermittently.

97redjeep

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, slightly modded 97 TJ, 2018 Power Wagon, 99 2500 24V
Wow thanks for the quick replies!! And ya, about $400k pesos , I was just reading about the z-automotive harness, not what I was hoping to hear, but I’ll have to look into this, fingers crossed that it is fixed, but not going to be surprised if it isn’t, glad my TJ doesn’t have these issues!

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I respect this.
OK, now that we have that out of the way there really is no toher way to get the word out other than this forum. I mean you can call NHSTDJFVBHSHDFS or whatever but my guess is it will go nowhere.

fixbroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Oil in the connector was the source of my failure, too. I don't think Jeep sealed the middle unused pin on the 3-pin connector, which lets oil into the connector and then the sensor housing.

As already mentioned, use contact cleaner to clean it up, then pot your sensors to keep the oil out permanently.

If your sensor has already failed and you're using the Z-Locker OEM, it doesn't matter if there's oil in there. The Z-Locker bypasses the sensor completely. In that case, the sensor wires inside the housing aren't connected to anything.

Cindyb13

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon
My dealer says my new rear axle is in and ready to install, but I'm holding off. I don't want to have the same problem axle installed. Waiting for the fix, so I can be one and done with this. In the meantime Iive with the warning light. I don't use the locks anyway, so no issue there. If anyone hears of the axle being fixed and sent to dealers, please post!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer says my new rear axle is in and ready to install, but I'm holding off. I don't want to have the same problem axle installed. Waiting for the fix, so I can be one and done with this. In the meantime Iive with the warning light. I don't use the locks anyway, so no issue there. If anyone hears of the axle being fixed and sent to dealers, please post!
No offense but bad game plan. IF they fix this one small part that is causing the problems we have no idea when that will be. You may be OK living with a warning light but you run the risk of that thing engaging on it's own if it flakes out enough. Been there done that and it's not fun as another user can attest. Now, I do have a Tazer installed which allows the lockers to be used in 2H but I'm pretty sure the other user DIDN'T have one and his locked up.
If you want to take the wait and see approach I highly recommend you unplug the harness from teh rear differential so your lockers can't engage.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
THIS.
This problem needs to HURT FCA and Dana/Spycer to the point where they come to their senses and fix the $50 solenoid vs. swapping out a $2000 axle.

Sponsored

RubiDale

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
THIS.
This problem needs to HURT FCA and Dana/Spycer to the point where they come to their senses and fix the $50 solenoid vs. swapping out a $2000 axle.
I'm guessing the retail price on that axle from the dealer is more than $2000

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing the retail price on that axle from the dealer is more than $2000
I bought a set of D44s from the dealer for $1995 for the rear and $2395 for the front. There was a discount in there but it wasn't a massive discount.
Sponsored