First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Fireman
Curious if this is limited to a specific build date timeframe? What's everyone's build date? Also, did this happen almost immediately for everyone, or after a certain number of miles?
3/18 for mine
Sponsored

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
OP
OP
aerosynch

aerosynch

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
My issue was a broken connector cable. Had it fixed (not at the dealer) and wheeled Moab and Colorado for 2 weeks, all good. Just got back actually.

Sponsored

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
My build date is also 12/17. Just picked it up from the dealership. The said they replaced the "drive control unit" or something like that. Told me the light was off and it was good to pick up. Showed up at the dealership and they tell me the light "just came back on". What a joke. Said I could leave with it and they would order a "new locker". On my way home I notice that I have 2 more warning messages. One warning for the turn signal lights and another for the blind spot alert. Neither are working.

None of these things occurred until after they updated my PCM software as part of a recall. Contacted @JeepCares but they have done nothing to help. At this point, I have a $50k lemon that Huffines Jeep in Plano TX has no idea how to fix. Frustrating as hell.

Owenage

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Oil & Gas
So update on my issue. My dealer has agreed to replace the front axle assembly. As of yesterday, the actuator order is now canceled as axle replacement is the new repair procedure. Due to this change, the axle assembly is also heavily back ordered. My dealer has agreed to pull an axle off a new Jeep on the lot.

My dealer has really stepped up to help resolve this issue, which FCA seems still unable to provide an ETA on replacement parts. This repair will not be fully covered by FCA as it falls outside of the standard repair process, but my dealer has agreed to cover this cost. It really needs to be called out that Big4 Motors in Calgary, Canada is supporting its customer when Jeep really seems unable.

https://www.big4motorsdealer.com/

I will be in Moab end of September. So fingers crossed this will fix the issue. Hope everyone else gets this resolved.

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is great that they are stepping up to help you out. Looks like my dealer is ordering a new axle and trying to expedite it. We will see how long that takes. I wonder how they know which axle to order? My warning light just says "service axle locker system". I would hate to wait 4 to 6 weeks to find out they ordered the wrong axle.

Owenage

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Oil & Gas
My dealer reported it was the front axle that was at fault. Sorry, I'm not sure how they could tell what axle was the issue.

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it. I may need to ask them that question. I hope you get back up and running soon.

Sponsored

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
New differential installed. Picked it up last night and the lockers still won’t engage and the service axle locker system light came on. Other odd thing is the axles indicate locked all the time on the off road pages even in 2wheel but not on the center cluster. I’ll be taking it in again in a few days.

CD40BB52-0EC9-4110-941C-7230CB57200F.jpeg
Almost seems like it might be firmware/wiring/module based if that didn't take care of it.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
And boom, my "Service Axle Locker System" light has been firing on periodically. Lockers won't engage. Not the rear alone, or them both together.

The light just blinks like they are trying to engage and they simply never do.

Taking it into the dealer in the morning.

Wonder if there is still a backorder on the locker actuator? And the rear axle itself?

Don't know what is wrong with mine yet - but I am assuming it'll be similar to the rest of you.

Steeneck19

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Well, I'll be bringing in my brand new Rubicon on Monday. I bought it from Jim Marsh Jeep in Las Vegas (who was wonderful to work with throughout the process), but I live in SoCal, so I’m bringing it in to Bob Baker Jeep of Carlsbad. Picked it up brand new in January, haven't even gone off road yet, and I'm having the following errors: back up camera blue screen + intermittent green screen/flashing, service 4wd light + service sway bar disconnect + service axle locker system, sound system completely shuts off randomly, then turns back on the next morning. Hopefully with this many issues with so few miles on it + so many others having the same issues in the past 9mo, they will have some solutions. This is my first time posting to these forums, but have spent a lot of time in them thanks to other Jeep owners great posts and commentary. I'll keep everyone posted on how Monday goes.

Here is the new baby:

car.jpg

ZgsProduct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 1987 YJ
To add to the burning fire. My dealer has thrown an axle & module at it and nothing has been resolved. Unbelievable.