Sponsored

“Self adjusting speedometer” ??

Dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sahara 4” Zone lift
I installed the Tazer mini on the wife's JLU the day the dealer installed the Mopar lift and I added 315's. That was about a month ago. Verified speedo with an IPhone app.
Had to take it back to dealer yesterday and unmarried it. Speedo read 67 when app showed 71.
They changed the trackbar, flashed the steering calibration to the updated version, and set the alignment. Drove it home and reinstalled the Tazer in about 5 minutes.
My dealer tech recommended I buy aftermarket to adjust it. Said FCA charges too much and its a onetime adjustment.
Sponsored

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
I would be very concerned to ever take my baby back there again. Run, don't walk, to your phone or computer and buy a Tazer Mini and set it yourself. Only then will you know its correct and the Tazer mini will be one of the best things you do for your JLUR. Flashing 3rd brake, keeps start/stop turned off if you want, disable TPMS or change pressure settings, light shows... and on and on and on. Worth every penny. You will spend $150 to $175 having the dealer change the speedometer. Spend a few more dollars and never have to have them do it again plus you now have all of the other functions.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Agreed... you need to recal the speedo. Otherwise, your shift points will be off. Mine was until I did the recal.
Sponsored